Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$100 1929 Frbn Chicago Sequential Order

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2017  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an awesome set!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2017  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is awesome for sure, but if you'd rather have the money, where do you start? Seriously, even if you offered them to me raw at $140 each as a lot, I would pass. Too much of a good thing, perhaps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With about a day to go the high bid is at 3350$ for the 17 notes. So, just under 200$ each.

What I find interesting though, is the current high bidder has 95% of his past bids in the last 30 days with the eBay Seller of this lot.

Simply amazing!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Point being?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possible shill bidding
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any comments from the OP?
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmsexauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless the seller is going to take a huge shipment risk, is going to lose money on shipping.. these need to be sent insured/registered restricted delivery for best protection.. gonna run approximately $40 for that .. just something to consider..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How is that a factor in a $3.3K bid?
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2017  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmsexauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not so much a factor in the profit end of the equation I suppose...just saying I would hate to see someone rake in a nice sum for these beautiful notes and then have to give the $$ back because they didn't go that extra step on the shipping method.. personally I would be sure to not only send them insured/registered restricted delivery.. but I would photograph/video them being sealed in the package at the post office.. personally spoke with the postmaster here locally because I was concerned about mailing out items worth more than a few hundred $$ and especially those over $1k ... was what was recommended to me..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Western that is an interesting observation.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Multiple bids by the same bidder on totally unrelated items listed by the same Seller raises a huge red flag in my book.

There may not be any shilling going on but it sure looks suspicious to me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure.

Comments from the OP?
Edited by Coinfrog
06/30/2017 5:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the current high bidder has been extremely busy the last couple of hours bidding on this Seller's varied and sundre items. He must have very deep pockets!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39149 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2017  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol!
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05