Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

H. R. 1235 - Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame Commemorative Coin Act

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 9,823Next Topic
Page: of 11
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$95 seems rather pricey for a 1oz silver coin with an orange stripe.

I thought the same, so I ordered the clad half since it seemed more colorized. What I don't get is the price differential between the colorized and the non-colorized. The difference between the half clads (55 vs 42) isn't that much but the silver dollar is a lot more (95 vs 74 or 69 depending on when you purchased), and for less colorization!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
542 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2020  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I thought the same, so I ordered the clad half since it seemed more colorized. What I don't get is the price differential between the colorized and the non-colorized. The difference between the half clads (55 vs 42) isn't that much but the silver dollar is a lot more (95 vs 74 or 69 depending on when you purchased), and for less colorization!!

I guess the colorization company, LulaRose, ain't cheap...
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2020  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I couldn't bring myself to buy both especially when there's other stuff later this year that I want.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6286 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm keeping my proof commemorative set complete with traditional proofs, no pricey colorized issues for me unless it is a completely different design.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1213 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the prices weren't exorbitant, I'd be a player on one of the colorized coins. As it stands, though, the Mint is slowly but surely pricing me out of modern commemoratives.
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the prices weren't exorbitant, I'd be a player on one of the colorized coins. As it stands, though, the Mint is slowly but surely pricing me out of modern commemoratives.

Feel the same. Their two most recent price hikes have made it to where I really consider whether I want a certain release or just wait for the price to come down on the secondary market.
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  09:26 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are the Aug30 sales figures:
20CN 2020 BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME - SILVER COLORIZED CURVED COIN 17748
20CP 2020 BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME - CLAD COLORIZED CURVED COIN 21039

Pretty dismal I would say.
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up getting one of each and they arrived today. They are kind of cool. That being said, I would be fine if the mint didn't colorize any other coins. Sorry the pics are not great.

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Coins also arrive today 2020 Commemorative Coin Program Colorized Proof Silver Dollar Would like to see the Basketball Net in Gold Paint instead of White

goldnugget

Edited by goldnugget
09/03/2020 5:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine yesterday,haven't open anything yet.
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my colorized silver dollar today. Looking at the pics above, I'm glad I didn't get the half dollar.

And once again, no ribbon to aid removal.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4641 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@psuman08: Thanks for sharing the images of your new coins! They look great!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my colorized half dollar today. I got one of the signed COA's by the mint director. It was numbered between 250 and 300. I wonder how many there actually are. Did anyone else get one signed?
Edited by Eagle4Life
09/04/2020 12:25 pm
39 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xorbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Mine weren't.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Per a Coin World article only 294 signed COA for dollar coin and 298 for the half dollar.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...certificates
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 9,823Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05