Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question about buying from overseas  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  7:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GingerCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I hope this is the right place for this question.

I found two coins I like on Vcoins, they would be coming from Dubai to the US. How will this be different from ordering a coin locally? Will there be extra fees once the coins get here? Papers to fill out? This is all new to me.

Thanks for any help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1067 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of Vcoins, let alone dealt with them, but from having some experience with overseas eBay items, all I can say is this:
If their shipping is any like eBay's is, you're in for a loooong haul of waiting. I bought a coin located in Singapore, took almost 2 months to arrive.
People often question my "strange" or "weird" hobby of coin collecting. I think of these people as the common, "pocket change" people. Nothing unique about them. They question those who are different, call them "weird" for not being average. Those who have these strange hobbies are the "rarity" people. They are the "weird". The "quirky." Those who are different from the group are the Morgan dollars in a pile of modern dimes.
Edited by RoyCoinBoy
04/20/2017 8:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2862 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dubai rings warning bells BIG time. Be very careful of the counterfeit trade. I suggest posting the sellers pix here to let experts tell if the coins you're interested are genuine or not. Even legit dealers/distributors are getting fooled.. Caveat Emptor!
"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
Edited by Crazyb0
04/20/2017 8:48 pm
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GingerCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the warning. I'll try to get the pictures up here tomorrow evening.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GingerCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here are the leptons I was looking at. Do they seem real? Thanks for the help. Also, are there any other concerns buying from overseas from Vcoins? Do they guarantee their seller's coins to be what I paid for? I heard about Vcoins on this site and thought they were supposed to have a good reputation. :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2862 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ginger, read this thread, it may help. BobL is one of our ancients experts, if he's in VCoins corner they be OK.http://goccf.com/t/267270#2258751
"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GingerCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Crazyb0. I'll check it out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4783 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seller: "We don't sell tooled coins, some of our coins are cleaned and some sand was added to the surface. If you don't like the sand , you can remove it was water easily."

That said, they take PayPal.

*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please don't do it in titles or posts. ***
Staff edit - Even all capitals in copied posts is screaming
Learn More...
United States
10742 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Locking this topic. There is no need to duplicate posts and you are getting adequate answers to your other post.
http://goccf.com/t/273243&whichpage=2#2432766

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating two dollar bills
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05