Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982-D Large Date, zinc, Lincoln cent.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  02:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Salam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this cent and I am wondering about its value. I am sure about the weight because I did weight it and it's 2.5 which is zinc. Not sure about errors too. and what grade its?. Any further information is appreciated.

Thank you for your help

Best regards
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19365 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. What makes you think it has a premium? Looks normal to me with a value of one cent.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10207 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and....to CCF, what you have is a circulated Lincoln cent with a value of one cent, enjoy your stay with us.!
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There are seven "normal" varieties of 1982 cents, covering every combination of zinc/copper, large/small date, and both mintmarks, *except* for the 1982-D small date in copper. That variety was officially discovered just a few months ago, and AFAIK, only one has been found. Denver "officially" spent a week or two clearing out the machines of copper planchets before loading the small date die, so it technically should not exist at all.

Zinc 1982 cents probably have the biggest value growth potential of the coins from that year, simply because the switch did not happen until November 1982 and they are especially scarce in high grades.

That said, the zinc in your cent is starting to "rot" which will only get worse with time. It's a spender IMO.
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Edited by Finn235
04/21/2017 08:54 am
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Salam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all,

yes I will. its not like I am going to give up. lol

Its just started.

:)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14168 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CC!

Keep an eye out for examples in very high grades. Here's one of mine:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05