Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Nice Find From A Coinstar!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 968Next Topic  
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  9:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Brian Schwochert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all! My second thread after being a long time lurker.
A few weeks ago I took in a pocket of change (already searched for varieties and errors) to my local grocery store. After the machine did its thing, I grabbed the returned coins and found this 1933 King George V, New Zealand Schilling!
I know it wasnt mine and had to be left in the return tray.
Its 77% silver, I would put it at XF, 30-35 on the scale. NGC list it at $35 in XF condition, $20 in F. Either way it was free!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by Brian Schwochert
04/25/2017 9:52 pm
Learn More...
United States
19182 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pick-up! Consider posting it here:

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...&whichpage=1
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Find
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2017  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brian Schwochert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Spence! I moved it over there.
If the mods care to delete this thread, please do.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1656 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2017  03:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numismat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea that's a cool find from a coinstar :) Grade wise it looks like a cleaned Fine and it's 0.500 purity rather than .77, but hey, free silver!
Edited by Numismat
05/03/2017 03:37 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 968Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05