Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are Drummer Boy Quarters Worth Keeping

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
65 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  6:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add peaches2165 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

are drummer boy quarters and or halfs worth keeping?

Thanks,
Peaches
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32761 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say no. Everyone saves them. If you happen to find some in way above average condition,then keep a few in 2x2's.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5016 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like John said only if in excellent condition, that's no wear and no scratch's.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10310 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are "drummer boy halfs"?
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scstrawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't help it. I keep every single one I come across, even the uglies.
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are "drummer boy halfs"?
Probably means bicentennial half dollars.

I keep them when I find them, only because they seem to be not as common in change as they used to be.
Valued Member
United States
193 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add d_dob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some folks like to save the bicentennial quarters with full or mostly full drums, or those with little wear on the drum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep them only if they are pristine. If you want a real nice coin buy yourself a silver bi-centenial MS69 you can usually buy them from about 15 to 30 dollars. Proofs may cost a little more.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GateKeep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been going through lots of quarters trying to complete a couple state and territories sets, and wondered the same thing.

eBay seems to show rolls of quarters going for $15 or so (plus shipping even!) so I've been keeping them just to fill out rolls, since this no effort involved to speak of.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05