Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The coolest 1967 set of them all...  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
7287 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  3:00 pm Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The 1967 specimen set, with the $20 gold...

However, the case is signed by Alex Colville (who designed the 1967 reverses)...

Very cool...

http://www.icollector.com/1967-Cana...le_i27158519

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
584 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet. @SPP, what do you think final price will be before premiums and taxes?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1208 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool...Curious to see as to what this will fetch...I've had Ceila Godkin come into the store a couple of times and sign a few COAs....She told me I'll be rich one day!...I kid of-course. I did however appreciate an education on the process of modern coin design from an artist's point of view...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1932 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without the signature these are going for $975.
Nice milky cameos, but I see a finger print on the penny.
I have a set without the gold and the coins can fall
out of the display easily, thus the instructions.
Nice set with Alex Colville autograph on the box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7270 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous set! Too bad I have my "slush fund" earmarked for something else.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2017  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a bit concerned about the authenticity of the signature. A google search of Alex Colville's signature yields an example or two, and they seem to be somewhat different from the signature on this set. I was just wondering if anyone can confirm if the signature is authentic? I am not an expert on signatures, I am just making an observation....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3273 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2017  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a VERY cool set. I like it a lot.

Too bad about the fingerprint. I am no signature expert either.

Hope it is legit!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3065 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2017  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did a little research on the signature.
To me there are differences in the two
so if I were bidding on it, I would want the signature verified.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3674 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2017  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt the signature would create that much more value, signing on material creates some distortion
Pillar of the Community
United States
1260 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2017  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife's from Quebec, and this is her birth year. I bought a set 20 years back without the gold coin, because I didn't know there was one. Learning experience! Had to add the $20 gold later. Wish I had given her this set instead!
Secret Santa!
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
Valued Member
Canada
454 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigchip22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes beautiful coins
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05