Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need A Little Advice.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
73 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As long as I can get it for less than 275, it's a win right?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If those are the best pictures that you have, I'd be concerned about its authenticity.
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's kind of what I was thinking but.. if it was used as jewelry I could see there being some ware and tare, the main reason I ask is the seller is approximately 20 min away and I could avoid shipping costs.

Then again why risk it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Melt is $303.79. Why is seller offering for less than $275? There are a lot of gold counterfeits on the market. If you are new to gold, I would recommend you stick to certified coins from a reputable dealer.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ex jewelry, you can tell from the back, used to be in a ring. I might give $10 over melt. Probably only worth melt though.

Do NOT buy this one.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save your money - use it towards a slabbed gold coin if you really want one.
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sigh.. I just want some Gold ;(

Thanks Guys.

Auction style and shipping is insane over priced lucky me but...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I didn't realize it was a $5.00. I would by it if it was UNDER melt.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42887 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pass.
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Baldridge0008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luckily someone over paid for me!
Good news is just found out they are having a Collectables Sale this weekend, Says "Coins and Banknotes" big event in a local city and will be my first.

Some things are just meant to be.
Edited by Baldridge0008
05/25/2017 8:39 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2017  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok well good luck striking gold this weekend!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2017  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fathead 5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks worn, and probably cleaned. Pass on this one, you can do better.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05