Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying Authenticity Of 1922/1 Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  10:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KAVERA to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have acquired this coin through my parents estate, I have no idea how to find out if it is genuine or fake any ideas, thanks in advance

Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm really no help, but I know if you want help, you'll need to take a photo of the reverse as well.

First thing you should check is the weight of your coin. It should be 1.41 grams. As your coin looks nearly uncirculated, I would say any variation from that would suggest fake. Also, is it magnetic?

The second 2 of your coin looks weird when I compare is=t to images out there of authentic 22/1's. But I dunno...
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KAVERA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comment, I think the 2 looks odd aswell, unfortunately I am not at home for a few days to weigh it or test if it is magnetic or not. I do have a photo of the reverse side which I will attempt to put up.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
578 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

.....but unfortunately its a modern Chinese fake.
Edited by Basil
06/23/2017 08:21 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16005 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kavera: to the CCF!

To form your own diagnostic opinion,
compare:
Google Images
'threepence 2 over 1 overdate'
Valued Member
Australia
234 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely fake
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2017  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KAVERA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the responses. I thought this may have been the case.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05