Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Am Greatly Confused...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  08:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12062 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without looking it up I would say a proof of THIS coin is worth far less than an MS example . this is not uncommon in U.S. classic coins .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
4533 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't understand what this seller is looking for on eBay, oh wait I think I might ,a sucker who would pay $599.00 for a screen shot of PCGS price guide! and a * photos coming soon*! Where's the Beef ?
Edited by Chase007
06/25/2017 09:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4315 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd ignore it unless it's been certified by either PCGS or NGC.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8273 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  09:31 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't make sense looking at all his stuff, that he sells on eBay.
What a place for a millionaire coming off like a billionaire to waste time.
His sales in feedback appear to average in 500.00 to 1000.00 ish range.
If I were in his boots, I'd sell through a major auction house,
go buy a yacht in Hawaii and forget about work completely.
Maybe a fleet of Charter fishing boats too cause something smells fishy.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
7142 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  09:48 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An unusual seller for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9235 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reported. Clear listing violation.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller's listing shows a coin facts of a No Arrows MS 1873 Closed 3. He is selling a PF 1873 closed 3. Below is a photo of a GEM PR65 1873 Closed 3 that sold in HA auction in 2015 for a little over $1,800.00.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8308 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  10:59 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a scam listing. BEWARE.

Seller's listing states that if you buy the coin, you must pay an exorbitant amount to have the coin certified ($130) then wait two months for it to be "processed."

Seller also states, in a contradiction, that you are only allowed 14 days to return the coin (how? You won't have it in your hands for 2 months!)

At that point, if the coin does not grade out, seller will refund your money but not your $130. Oh, they will return your shipping..but they offer free shipping.

In addition, the $130 is not included in the $599.95 ask price.

Seller states the coin has multicolor toning, but doesn't want to spend $100 to certify a $2,000 coin. In other words, coin is probably doctored, altered, A/T, or otherwise uncertifiable.

So many listing violations. I hope Bobby sees this one and kills it ASAP. I reported it as a Listing Violation for circumvention of eBay fees (requires buyer to make extra purchases to receive item)

- Seller is asking for an extra $130 not included in a BIN price or he will refuse to honor the sale
- Listing title and description state a value which is not allowed
- Seller uses pictures from PCGS CoinFacts instead of stock photos or an actual photo of the coin
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8273 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's sellers like this I want to buy one of those $1,000,000.00 coins and just ignore any communications and let them get charged for final value fees.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only an idiot would proceed with a transaction under his terms.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42897 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2017  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sad.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05