Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Photobucket And Their Greed

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Photobucket has decided that you now have to pay $400 a year to have your images show up anywhere except their pathetically slow ad riddled site.

Effective 5 minutes ago photobucket will no longer be allowed in new posts.

I saw this coming and that's why I have been pushing for everyone to upload here. I even upped the upload size limit to waaaayyyy more than necessary and have a new disk (4 times the size) scheduled for install on the server for just uploaded images. Now we have thousands of useless topics.

This is what's showing up for your images now if you use Photobucket and haven't paid the ransom to the greedy kidnappers.

Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed this thing showing up at the local auction site instead of photos of some people's items.

Thanks for the explanation and extra measures
Pillar of the Community
United States
3435 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are all doing this in some fashion - first it was Google, then Dropbox, now Photobucket. I had switched to Tinypic but noticed that stopped working - perhaps because it is owned by Photobucket. I just used the upload feature and it worked great; it's now usually a two step process for me - download photo from Google Photos onto my iPad and then upload to CCF - but not too bad overall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1853 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found it difficult to beleive an established company like Photobucket would begin charging for a service without first alerting the folks who are using it. As it turns out, a little research shows that's exactly what they did. $39.95/mo or $399/yr for a service that has been provided free since 2003 without notice. RIP Photobucket.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first few years I was a CCf member, I used Photobucket as I didn't know how else to post photos.

It was only a matter of time when I realized that when I made changes to my Photobucket accounts (yes, more than one), and deleted any account photos, I didn't realize that when doing this, it would also delete the photos I had posted here on past threads.

Needless to say, I have thousands of Numismatic photos on Photobucket + quite a few family photos and videos.

I actually don't remember the last time I viewed my account, and do know it had taken forever to view a Album with only 20 photos, but will most likely close all accounts there later today..

One would think that with all the photos posted on Photobucket, and knowing that they can use members photos any time they want, they would have made money from a number of photos displaying unique Global Coin and Currency Error Photos.

(At one time I was thinking of making a photo book showing all the errors)

Below is one of my early Link's with 242 photos of global error coins that was affected after making changes on Photobucket. Another CCF thread posted around the same time had 157 photos of USA error coins..

Maybe the Mods here can view my account postings from when I first joined, and if possible, DELETE every post/thread that was affected via Photobucket.

http://goccf.com/t/142178
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shame on Photobucket, Give back Freedom to Numismatic Educational Photos.
Edited by Justinokay
07/01/2017 12:24 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Below is one of my early Link's with 242 photos of global error coins that was affected after making changes on Photobucket. Another CCF thread posted around the same time had 157 photos of USA error coins..

Those images are gone because you deleted them from photobucket. Another reason everyone should upload here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2196 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please clarify this as all my posted CCF images for years are hosted on Photobucket. Will the images I previously included in CCF posts be disconnected from CCF or are we talking about new posts only that you are refusing?
Member ANA and EAC

"You got to lose to know how to win".
Dream On by Aerosmith
Edited by cipster
07/02/2017 11:13 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your posts are still there but none of your images will show anymore unless you pay photosuckit $400.

It will be prevented from future posts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange, something I need to look into.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NoPoMoCo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you for the explanation Bobby. I was pursuing some CCF threads and wondered if I needed to sign up to PB to see the content. Clicked the link. I was attacked by ads so I vamoosed.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See solution here...

http://goccf.com/t/291596
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure that there are numerous threads of disgust about the PhotoBucket fiasco, but they still work for me with my "ad-free" version for $2.99 a month. I tried to start a new thread "Guess the grade" and my photobucket images are no longer allowed.

I tried the link above and it is flagged as "malicious".

My old photobucket images are still active and visible, to me at least; Eye Candy Corner: Post Your Toned Coins! Page 163 top of the page is my 1892 Barber dime.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
07/18/2017 2:14 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some are, some aren't. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Most don't though.
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I tried the link above and it is flagged as "malicious".
That link just goes to another topic on CCF. Not sure how it would be flagged as malicious.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5118 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My old photobucket images are still active and visible, to me at least; Eye Candy Corner: Post Your Toned Coins! Page 163 top of the page is my 1892 Barber dime.
Still visible to me and I don't subscribe to PB.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05