Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somewhat ironically, the US Mint sold exactly 225 sets during the last week (Nov12 vs. Nov05). If they continue to make 225 sets available and sell per week, it will take another year and a bit before we see a sell-out. But for the time being, let's assume this was just a freak coincidence.
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, but I am sure it is just a coincidence.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4140 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numbers decreased by 79 this week (as of Sunday)....
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Topic has Hit a Dead End, No Responses since 11 /14 /2017
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4140 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  07:09 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much to say. The set is a nice set and if you don't have one yet there are MANY being sold for under Mint issue price now.

Presently not available from the Mint and should go to sold out status soon.....maybe
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  07:33 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Latest sales figures (Dec03) is 201,335 vs. 210,338 (Nov26). Looks like these are done. I'm sure the US Mint could easily sell the entire mintage if they wanted to...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10479 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm sure the US Mint could easily sell the entire mintage if they wanted to...

They've tried too countless times. They keep getting returned in large amounts. They should just cut their losses and call it finished with the current sales.

You can currently buy the set on eBay with free shipping for less than the set plus shipping from the mint is or get a full set of 70s for about a 100 bucks.
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They should just cut their losses and call it finished with the current sales.
I agree. New year us upon us, off to newer things.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Happy to have my sets but already looking forward to some of the exciting issues, particularly the commemoratives, for 2018.
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am actually hoping 2018 is a lighter year for me so I can get back on the Dansco hole filling. These 225th offerings really hit my budget!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hear you, jbuck! Wallet fatigue was in full force in 2017.
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, and I thought 2015 was rough with all the C&C sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  07:47 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
72 are back in stock. This set dies a slow death for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4140 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  08:26 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's like a cough you can't seem to get rid of
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's like a cough you can't seem to get rid of
Not funny. Okay, a little funny, but not when you actually have a cough you cannot get rid of.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05