Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is The Worse Design?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  9:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add American Coinage Buyer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In your opinion, what is the worse looking classic US coin design?
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chevelle7167 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My least favourite design is definitely the one on the Standing Liberty quarters.
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse of the Wreath Cent. Liberty looks like some sort of witch.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trade dollars. The ugliest coins in my collection. The reverse is just ok but the obverse looks like something slapped together by a third world country.
Edited by MikeF
07/01/2017 11:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3710 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The obverse of the Wreath Cent. Liberty looks like some sort of witch

Edited by Joe2007
07/01/2017 11:29 pm
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dual-brain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'Some sort of witch' lol, that made me chuckle because its so true
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trade dollars. The ugliest coins in my collection. The reverse is just ok but the obverse looks like something slapped together by a third world country.
Still better than the Morgan.

Ah, more kidding. Or am I?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12050 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three Cent Nickel , It just doesn't do anything for me .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2031 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barber coinage here...The only Barber coins I have are in my type set. They have just never appealed to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trade dollars and Liberty nickels plus all modern coinage.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"When angry count to ten. If very angry, count to one hundred." - Thomas Jefferson
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
"Coins are like potato chips, you can't have just one." - Anonymous
Edited by JJuliano
07/02/2017 08:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1518 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a fan of the latest incarnation of the Jefferson nickel. I feel like Jeff is getting ready to kick my behind!

I've said before I personally don't care much for the Barber design, but it was probably perfectly at home in its time. To me, looks like they depict Mr. Liberty rather than Ms. Liberty, and the eagle looks like it was run over or something.

Edited-pardon my vernacular...
Edited by Bump111
07/02/2017 09:31 am
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBackPenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trade dollars, Three Cent coins (which do not even look like US currency), and maybe barbers (if they are very worn down). Contrary to Joseph, I actually believe that Standing Liberty quarters are very elegant.
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like pretty much all the classic designs (although maybe the earliest ones leave a little to be desired). Even Liberty on the Barber coinage is a rather handsome fellow.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (Great Britain)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42868 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fellow?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05