Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your US Minted World Coins  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  3:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay so I have recently started a US Minted World coin set. After looking at the PCGS set registry list for these types I realized there are over 1000 different world coins minted by the US.

To help me narrow down what I want to add to my collection, I thought I would make a "Post Yours" thread to get a look at them.

Here is a link to the PCGS list. Take a look and see if you have any of these. If so POST EM regardless of condition.
https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/mu...osition/4824

I'll bet there are a few of you who have some of the coins in the list above and don't even realize that they were minted in the US. Not all of them have a US MM on them.

I will start with my 1941 (P) Netherlands East Indies 1/4 Gulden. Minted in Philadelphia.

Now let's see some yours!!
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe all of Cuba's coins since independence from Spain until the Castro takeover were minted at the Philadelphia Mint. Here is an example of a 1915 silver 40 Centavos.

Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
During World War II the Dutch government in exile arranged to have coins made by the US mints for the colonies still under their control. This is an example of a 1944 silver 1/10th Gulden minted in Denver for the island of Curacao.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice worldnumis!

Thanks for posting them.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have lots more to scan. Here is another World War II Dutch 1944 silver Gulden minted at Philadelphia.

Pillar of the Community
United States
577 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my example:

Made in the Denver mint in 1944. Found less than 1 mile from the Denver mint in a coinstar reject slot in 2017.

Cool thread!
Oldest finds:
Cent 1912, Nickel 1916, Dime 1935, Quarter 1963
Dollar 1971, Dollar Bill 1935 F, Canadian Cent 1926, Canadian dime 1962
Learn More...
United States
46345 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an interesting topic. I like all of the examples posted so far.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all that have posted so far. They all look great...keep em coming!!

How about a few from Australia?

Start with the Three Pence

ANA Member #3185431
Edited by MontCollector
07/17/2017 3:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many of the Dominican Republic coins were struck by US mints.This is a 5 Centavos 1944 struck at the Philadelphia mint in silver at the same standards as US silver war nickels. A one year type.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1351 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1944 Netherlands ,Curacao
1/10 G.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2780 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe all of Cuba's coins since independence from Spain until the Castro takeover were minted at the Philadelphia Mint.

Panamanian coinage over the years was also made by the U.S. Mint - here's one of my favorites, a half million being struck in 1947 to the U.S. silver dollar specification (although no silver dollars had been struck by the U.S. for domestic circulation since 1935).

Here's a Chinese yuan ostensibly dated 1934 but which I believe to be one of the thirty million restruck in 1949 by the U.S. Mint.

Although I don't have one to show, in 1949 the Mexican 1898 Mo peso was also reproduced for the China trade. Mexico City churned out eight and a quarter million of these, with the U.S. Mint in San Francisco mint chipping in with another two million.

On this topic in general, here's a worthwhile article:

http://pdxcoinclub.org/articles/For...%20table.pdf

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
46345 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about a few from Australia?
Yes. Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Panamanian coinage over the years was also made by the U.S. Mint - here's one of my favorites, a half million being struck in 1947 to the U.S. silver dollar specification (although no silver dollars had been struck by the U.S. for domestic circulation since 1935).

Wow nice coin...Must admit I'm a little jealous. I don't have a Balboa yet. But they are on the top on my want list.

Thanks for posting this to the thread.
ANA Member #3185431
Edited by MontCollector
07/17/2017 6:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1387 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a heap for posting that PCGS link. What a voluminous list-!
I had no idea there were so many. I probably have 5% of that list; unfortunately few of them are photographed.

Here are some that have been:

PANAMA :

PERU :

EL SALVADOR :

(apologies for the thumbnails.. gallery images not loading properly)
Edited by mysilveryears
07/17/2017 7:24 pm
Learn More...
United States
46345 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect these coins as well. Here are a few from my collection for which I had images handy.

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2017
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05