Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My First Star Note Found In Circ.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2017  8:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Alex12780 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looked at my change after coming back from a demo derby and there it was! I've been on the lookout for a long time

Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2017  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats!
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats onto the next one
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2017  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats it's always nice to find one in circulation.
Usually what I do for more luck in finding these guys, I just go to the bank and ask if they have circulated bills aka old bills, and trade for a stack of them. I usually find at least one star note in the stack and trade the cash back for higher denominations.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!! Now find a Silver Certificate Star Note!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39350 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck there! Quicker to buy one at your LCS for a few bucks!

Anyway, congrats.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex12780 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quicker to buy one at your LCS for a few bucks!

Of course! If only I had any good ones near me. My LCS so far has been eBay and flea markets

The "coin stores" in my area all have their lackluster flaws

Coin store #1
-minimal selection
-charges insane amounts of money (example- $2 for uncirc. ATB Quarter)

Coin store #2
-far, in center of city
-small selection, mostly old graded bullion gold, silver.

Coin store #3
-you have to go get owner from bar/restaurant next door to shop
-not very friendly and clearly wants to get back to the restaurant (asks how much longer every 5 min)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39350 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, sorry about that.

We have a weekly bid board, and circ 1957A stars usually go for around three bucks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. A star in the wild is always a thrill, especially when it's your first!

Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add histman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. I get them all the time, but I can't find one with a low enough serial number to make it worthy anything.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05