Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Silver Eagles

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  7:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fair1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What the average people paying for them and what price guide you use to get prices on them I looked up I think it was a 2005 American Eagle ms65 and it was going like 40 to 70 dollars does that sound but right it was going on eBay for like 22 dollars what your thoughts on the subject trying to figure out the pricing Game on the coins thanks for reading and any information

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30337 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why are you buying ASE? If it's for silver value they are an easy sale if you ever need to sell them. The primary dealers pay $2 over spot value for very large purchases. You can expect to pay $3-4 over spot.

If you are trying to build a date collection you need to decide what you want to include in your set. If you only want raw coins, you only want bullion issues, and you only want one of each date, there are only a few dates costing more than $40.

If you intend to collect beyond bullion issues, you need to decide what you wish to include. There are proofs, reverse proofs, enhanced finish, burnished, and even "struck at" issues that don't carry the mint mark for those issues.

If you intend to expand into those areas you might want to consider purchasing TPG graded coins. PCGS or NGC, preferably. If you venture into TPG coins, the vast majority of them will be either 69 or 70 for a grade. It is rare to see a 68 or below.

ASE are one of the most collected of all US coins with many different approaches for the collector. It is best to have a game plan before venturing further.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16068 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the premium range MS61 to 65 is only $4, why bother with slabbing?

Chapter 5 heading (page 37), in the
2012 U.S.Coin Digest: (Krause Publications)
"Don't be Fooled by High Grades" - (with bullion coins*)

*my words additional.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10140 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-- we really need to know what your intentions are for buying ASEs. If you're looking to make money... well, there's a lot to learn but it can be done.

And to CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4756 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  03:13 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of Silver eagles? Bullion or Mintmarked? I would only buy a slabbed bullion ASE if the price was right about the same as a raw one....and...MS65? Most bullion is 68-70 grade with the highest numbers being in MS69.

Example: NGC has graded over 93,000 MS69 1995 ASE's and only 20 MS65's (two MS61's)

MS65 is a really crap grade for a mintmarked ASE

Re: bullion ASE prices....no guide needed. They all should be about the same with a tad of a premium for the 1994-98 that have lower numbers minted (1996 especially)
Edited by Foxwoods Man
07/25/2017 03:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can normally get silver Eagles from my local gold/silver buyers for $2 over spot. Most normal people pay $3-$4 over spot. I tend to get better deals cause I do a lot of business with my local place.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add histman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pay $1.50 over spot at my LCS. Someday I will actually collect the series.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10140 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You pay $1.50 over spot for BU ASEs? What LCS is this?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7385 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2017  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy all the proof ASE's with OGP you can right now. Back in April the price for them (and proof gold) nosedived. Great time to buy!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05