Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Holy Grail Up for Grabs... Must... Resist... Temptation...  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  08:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect Roman imperial silver with a focus on deification and empress issues. The intersection of all three interests is this coin: the deification issue of Julia Domna, wife of Septimius Severus and mother of Caracalla and Geta.

In the 3+ years I have been collecting I haven't seen this coin come to market - until now.

Link: https://www.cNGCoins.com/Coin.aspx?CoinID=342506

Estimate on the coin is $3k and it's already up to $1800+buyer's fee.

I'm tempted to place a bid just to say I tried, but haven't come up with a good excuse for the wife in case I win.

But at least I've got a few weeks to come up with a nefarious scheme.

Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is quite a handsome coin, well struck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9365 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tell your wife after you've taken her out to dinner and dancing. When you tell her about the coin, she will be happy because she thought the dancing meant you were going crazy
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won't pretend to know much about these types of coins but I will tell you I've always been interested. On the subject of what to tell your wife...there should be a discussion topic on this. 'How do you to tell your wife about coins or that you spent ____ on them?'

To date I have yet to be able to justify big purchases to mine.
DD's...on the hunt: 95, 92, 83, 72, 71, 70, 69, 64, 59, 58, 55, 47, 42, 41, 39, 35, 34.

(Found since (August 2017) signature creation: 82 DDR)
Pillar of the Community
United States
879 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the feeling, because that coin is on my wish list too. Not just a posthumous consecration issue, but a top grade example at that. Trouble is, there is more than one item in this sale I would like to get at this level. The stuff of dreams to be sure.
Edited by lrbguy
08/11/2017 09:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having two kidneys is overrated, anyway.
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6035 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  10:17 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Having two kidneys is overrated, anyway.

Signature
Sign Here X _______________________
Learn More...
United States
20163 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin. Good luck with finding the right excuse to tell your wife if you win. I've never been able to convince mine. I usually had to buy her a new piece of jewelry.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05