Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 1917 $2 Note Worth More Than Two Dollars ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  1:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HTx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All

I know this note is in terrible condition.
Does it still have any value above $2 ?
If yes, what is your opinion pleas.

Thanks
HTx

Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty dang beat up, but hey, the people at my coin show would try and pass it for $50.

You could probably snag around $20 on eBay.
Edited by RoyCoinBoy
08/18/2017 1:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2479 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's what I would consider as a problem note, and some collectors don't mind and would probably buy it for more than $2 if they didn't already have an example.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one my Grandfather gave me in like condition when I was a kid and still have it - right now I consider it priceless!!
Edited by Mark1959
08/18/2017 3:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44799 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree around $20.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A $20 bill for a $2 bill isn't bad at all!
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that bill could talk I bet it would have a heck of a life journey story to share
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HTx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you All for your input on this item. It has been most helpful.

htx
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05