Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 $1.00 Missing Last Number In Serial Number In Both Serial Numbers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  3:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eric or Teresa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received this dollar bill from a store the other day and can not find out about it. Please help.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody erased it...
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like somebody tampered with it!!
Learn More...
United States
21234 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Extremely obvious alteration to remove the digit.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9877 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eric or Teresa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for giving me a answer so quick. I was just wandering, how can a serial number be erased from a bill without putting a hole in it? Please don't think I am being a pain over this. I am still trying to learn.I really appreciate all of you that helps us out. Is there a site that I could go to to help me learn about this more? Thank you all again. Teresa
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39350 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll bet you can figure one quick way to answer your own question.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the funny farm!

Frog:

Good one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1608 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2017  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sandpaper most likely. You can see the area where it was abraded away.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoever did that has a lot of work to do if they're going to successfully pass off "missing last digit" errors.
Edited by CelticKnot
08/28/2017 02:04 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Altered.
www.InGodWeTrustCoinsAndCurrency.com
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39350 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2017  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Teresa - Remember also that US paper money is not printed on a fragile, pulp-based product like a newspaper, but rather on fibrous "cloth" composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05