Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1985 Lincoln Cent With Major Clashed Dies Obverse And Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,894Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  8:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this at midnight today in a circulated bankroll from a bank box of U.S. Pennies.The dies hit very hard to produce this one and I also don't see any signs that the Mint polished the dies. Somewhat a unexpected find. Man. I love when the Dies Clash very hard. It must of been the couple few that came out of the Mint before the operator caught the error.

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy, that suckers minimum clearance adjustment was WAY off!. Even see the memorial sides through LIBERTY, musta been angled when it hit. Neat!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Crazyb0. It was a angled hit when the Dies Clashed. This is what you call a true Die Clashing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice unabraded clash! It's great to see them before the mint tries to polish them away. It's also pretty cool to see one that doesn't have the typical 5 +\- degrees of rotation. It looks like the obverse and reverse were aligned really well. Pretty coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jay. It was the best one I've found. I like how it's unabraided and how the Clash is aligned very well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-the Philadelphia mint, 1:35 A.M-
"This die hasn't been brushed up in a while.. might as well do it while I'm here"
-the Philadelphia mint, 2:10 A.M-
"Now, how do I release it?! This dang die won't loosen!"
CLANG!!
"Ehm.. I'm sure no one will notice..."
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol RoyCoinBoy! That's a very funny comment! One of the best things I heard all day! :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3560 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow :0 that is fantastic - did you check MadDieClashes.com?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet. I will check right now. :)
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found this at midnight today

How could you have found it at midnight this early morning when it shows you found it at 8PM this evening? LOL!! Just (not allowed to say that word) (F'n?) with you David!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2017  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol Mark! I guess I'm a crazy person who escaped out of the nut house... just kidding. I actually did find it at midnight today. It's just I posted it later in the day because I was too tired to post it.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I actually did find it at midnight today.

Hilarious - Now I know why I love this forum as opposed to that other one down the road with the Political based mods!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1266 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  04:50 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A really nice find. Congratulations.
Coins were meant to be spent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you 999fine. :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,894Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05