Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 100$ Bill - Unusual Stamp On Back

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  8:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cander891 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am new here and relatively new to collecting.

Recently, I came across this 2009 100$ bill with a "P" stamped on the back.

I did some searches around the here and there and can't find anything on the topic.

I looked at it magnified thinking maybe it was just a rubber stamp, but on closer examination it doesn't appear to be.

Take a look and let me know if anyone has any thoughts. Attached front/back and zoomed P.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

1. You may have a "chop mark" there (a mark indicating that someone or some entity has authenticated the note as genuine, making it clear to others not familiar with the note that it is genuine).
2. Someone was having fun with a stamp they had.

It's nothing valuable, unfortunately, but thanks for sharing! Great photos, by the way.
Edited by CelticKnot
09/01/2017 11:00 pm
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cander891 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I appreciate the look. I'm helping my son start a collection of bills aged he got a bunch of silver, red, and gold certificates from my dad. Came across this as we were looking for Star bills.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2017  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent! Sounds like pure joy. I look forward to someday going through my collection with my son.

We would LOVE to see more of your photos here and can definitely help assess value/condition. The red seals and gold certificates sound interesting...

Have fun with this, and again, welcome!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28417 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2017  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2017  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with CK.

Post BEP stamp.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2017  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05