Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Numismatic Novel study1858 Cents of Provincial Canada  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2956 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  01:26 am Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I've started reading this book by Mr. Rob Turner. And while only into by the 3rd chapter I really enjoy the style which Mr. Turner writes and the content that's included.

Quite admittedly I'm not the smartest individual. But in my days of going through university one thing which I had a lot of success with was going through texts in a study group. Where we would bounce ideas and opinions off of each other during a once a week chapter study.

Just curious if anyone else here would be interested in doing something like that?

If this is something that would appeal to you .. please reply.
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait til you get past the 3rd chapter! Rob is a friend of mine and I helped proof the book and loaned coins for study. Anyone who collects ANY Vicky large cents should read the book, just to fully understand the approval procedures and minting processes that were followed back then.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3052 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.. Where we would bounce ideas and opinions off of each other during a once a week chapter study...

Don't hesitate to bounce any ideas that you might have right here also..

If available..Rob and Okie will respond as quickly as possible..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2956 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Devlec: I was actually hoping this very thread would be the site of the novel study... that way there could be some people that just read along.. while others could chime in..... everyone benefits.

Just would like to know if anyone is even interested in such a persuit....

Right now I would consider myself a "collector" I aspire to be a "numismatist" but that takes years of study. The journey starts with the first step...

I'm sure that even if one person would like to do this along with me ... others may start to chime in and would could generate some really good discussions...

I'll let this stand for the next 48 hrs... if anyone steps up... great ... otherwise I may just do it solo... and "report" on this thread in hopes of some feedback and discussion.
R.C.N.A. #23833
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05