Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 D Lincoln Cent With the 1 Missing Out of the Date  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  02:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 1952 d Wheat penny I believe. The 1 is missing out of the date . I have done a little research but do not know enough about the grading and errors to evaluate a value. If any one has an idea of the value through experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Sunshine34
10/10/2017 1:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4643 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  02:56 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

Without pictures, my best guess is that it's a result of a grease-filled die.

"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4661 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sunshine34, I agree with @spruett001 that pics would be the best way for us to help you, but grease in the die during the striking process is the most likely culprit.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10593 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also agree that photos would allow us to give you a better opinion.

Grease filled die, as has been mentioned, is the likely culprit.

It's value is minimal as they are one of the most encountered "errors".
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's guys , I am new to this and it keeps telling me my pics are to big ,I have tried editing them but still having difficulties getting them to load
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12422 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The 1 is there but it has been damaged by one of the numerous gouges covering both sides of the coin.
ANA R-3151318
Edited by biokemist6
10/10/2017 1:54 pm
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks bio , what would that do to the value
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not a full one either
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5264 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a hit that displaced the lower portion of the 1, metal was moved. Notice how the shadow is reflected.

Might try reducing the pic size you take, at 72ppi a size of 500 square pixels will be right around 300Kb limit. If you take a pix that is 2000 by 3500 ppi say you must reduce to the 500 Square limit, a 200x3500 would be over 1Mb (1000Kb).

It is just a damaged coin, holds no premium values.

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Edited by Crazyb0
10/10/2017 3:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1970 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am with Crazyb0 on this one.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys so much for your help and honest answers. I have a couple more I will be loading up as well, a 1981 and 3 1973 d
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19137 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PMD to me, not a greaser.

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4643 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now, seeing the pics. It's just damage. Keep searching!

"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19137 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be. Grease would not likely fill just the bottom half of a digit.
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05