Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 Proof/Reverse proof Libertad set  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  1:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For those who are into Libertads, APMEX has released the 2017 2-coin proof/reverse proof set. Only 500 sets will be available. Last year APMEX raised the price after a couple hours so keep that in mind if you plan on getting one.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3017 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link!
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19961 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking coins. I really,really like the magnifier. I wonder if CCF can offer that magnifier?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I had been set up to receive the text message when it was available.

When I received the text message-- I can't imagine what the people around me where thinking about my reaction. They must have thought I had a family emergency.

It was an emergency alright, but a good one.

I have heard the total mintage of the 2017 reverse proof will only be 1000 (500 being APMEX sets), versus the total mintage of 1500 for 2015 and 2016.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't imagine what the people around me where thinking about my reaction

Lol!...I had a similar reaction though a bit more subtle.

I was also set up to get the text/email alert but just happened to go on the site right before. I'd called APMEX late last week asking if they had a release date and the CSR told me that it should be any day now because it'd been a week since they'd gotten the coins in. So I just got used to checking the site occasionally just in case. APMEX always increases the price as the day progresses so definitely the earlier the better on a release like this.

Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mr1030 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's priced at $279.99 at the moment. Have they already raised the price? What was it yesterday when you originally posted?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5027 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They should make a three coin set...

Proof
Reverse Proof
Cameo Proof
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's priced at $279.99 at the moment. Have they already raised the price? What was it yesterday when you originally posted?

It started out at $199.99 around 12pm ET. After a couple of hours I saw it increased to $229.99. The highest I saw it yesterday was $259.99 late in the day. The surprising thing is that according to their site they only have 14 units left and the price stayed at $279.99. Also, up until today they still had some of the 2016's and the price on those never went past $249.99. My guess is one or some bulk buyers came in and bought a whole bunch to try and flip them on the secondary market.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They should make a three coin set...

Proof
Reverse Proof
Cameo Proof

That would make an awesome set! Hopefully someone from banco de Mexico reads your post and makes it happen.

In 2015, they came out with a 3 coin set but it was BU instead of a Cameo Proof. Whenever they pop up on eBay the sellers are usually asking $500 or above.
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Where on the website can you see how many they have in stock? I am having trouble locating that.

Thanks
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Add a high qty to your cart (20 or more) and it'll give you an error message saying they only have "x" amount left in stock.

Did it just know and it said they have 12 left.
Edited by wyzeguy
10/12/2017 11:06 am
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks- that is good info!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05