Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need help with this 1950-D Washington quarter  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  1:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought this may be a 'D' over 'S' but it doesn't look quite right to me. Any ideas on this one? Thanks for looking.

Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add radatat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am ok with it as D over S. Not as defined as the one on NGC but quite similar.
Learn More...
United States
23414 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing what appears to be a pretty good match for FS-601 as illustrated at VarietyVista:

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...0DOMM001.htm
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
radatat
Quote:
I am ok with it as D over S. Not as defined as the one on NGC but quite similar.

Thank you

SsuperDdave
Quote:
I'm seeing what appears to be a pretty good match for FS-601 as illustrated at VarietyVista:

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...0DOMM001.htm

I think you are right, I just missed that one. I appreciate the help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3905 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Missed your comment Mark, thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10593 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent pick up. Congratulations.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19137 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats and great pics!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck, moxking & Coinfrog.
Edited by OldJoeClark
10/10/2017 4:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6624 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree with everyone. just got home from work and late to the game.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25787 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a graded example I bought and sold years ago:

There is some MD on the lewer east side of the 'D', but it look like the real deal to me.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks carwash. Work is a four letter word, best stay away from that.

Thanks coop for the pic and the confirmation.
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mac1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coin find
Pillar of the Community
United States
721 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mac1971
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05