Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1981 Lincoln penny...value?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys I have a 1981 Lincoln penny in pretty mint condition,and looks doubled. Not sure. Any opinions of what I may have stumbled across?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6833 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au-53 ,not doubled , too many hits so a spender unless your saving 95% copper .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will not fetch much and might not be the best example, but I would be happy to find this since it does look rather nice for its age. As mentioned, a keeper for the 95% copper, for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10558 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you like it, keep it. It only costs one cent to do so.

What you save in the future may change, but starting with a base to work from is always good. The best advise I can give is that you should only keep or collect coins you really love. Whatever YOUR definition may be.

Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent advice, Mox.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19039 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've got a good eye!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you every one for all of your advise , I couldn't have for a better response crew. Thank you so much. I will be up loading,I believe 3 1973d shortly so please comment and again thank you all so much for the advice
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1981 is a common coin until you get into the very high grades (66-67). You coin appears to be MS-62 or so.

These are difficult to find in decent shape. It's a coin I've always struggled with. After searching ten's of thousands of coins, this is the best one I've found:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1965 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As been mentioned ,a common coin and not carrying a premium but worthy of filling the spot in your collection till you come across a higher grade..
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After searching ten's of thousands of coins, this is the best one I've found:
Very nice!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05