Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can anyone help me with theses Lincoln coins  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have here a couple coins and the condition on them are pretty good , so in one I compared the quality to a 2017. I loaded pics early but they were a little dark. Hopefully these are better.the older date ones seem to have a couple errors.what are you guys opinion?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4079 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sunshine34, on the '64, are you talking about the obv letters being slightly into the rim?
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes , or any other error you can pick out. Because I'm not to sure what to look for.
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the 64 you can't really tell but the front looks better than the back and as you can see the back look great also. If you had to guess for your opinion do you think I have some thing and a possible value with those 2 or individually. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4079 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, well I'm out of my comfort zone with providing you any advice on the '64. It looks to me like very slight misalignment of the obv die with the flan, which seems like it must be fairly common. I don't see the widening of the letters at the rim which I believe is more characteristic of a late stage die.

Sorry, but you will need to wait for more experienced folks to weigh in with their opinions.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really appreciate it spence
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3017 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The letters being close and even going into the rim is quite common on 60's Lincoln cents.
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

34 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunshine34 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mark , I willing to accept as much as you anyone can tell me about these coins
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4125 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2017  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sunshine, there is a really long answer to what you've asked. You willing to read some and learn? That's what it will take. The coins you show are nice examples of circulated coins. Those because of being circulated have little increased value unless in pristine untouched mint condition. Please realize multiple BILLIONS were made. Many were set aside, and now are making their way into circulation because of relatives dumping grandad's old stuff. these usually aren't the "good" stuff.

If you want to get into the error coin field, welcome aboard! Why not start by reading up on a few things (hint, hint) below in my signature space is a book you can download, give it a try. It will help get you going. I'm currently working on Volume 2, on error coins among other topics. Real easy read, I like things simple! There are other resources available too, websites and books but do start learning what is and what isn't an error coin. There are big indicators that let you know.

Of the coins posted, there is a doubled die on the reverse side of the 64p's but without a close up pix of E PLURIBUS UNUM, can't tell. Like Spence said the 1960's years had a problem with the dies and details being lage and close to rim. Also an indication of die wear is that metal moves outward from all that pounding,moving and stretching the detail, also letters become mushy looking, just die wear.

That's the fortened shorm...

Here's what a Doubled Die will look like on the reverse of the 1964. Notice the notching of the letters (yellow) and the "layering" look on the blow example...

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
Edited by Crazyb0
10/10/2017 11:53 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05