Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932 S Washington for grading new pics added close up of mm added  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
507 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  10:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All just got this in and could use some help grading it
i'am thinking it should be about a MS 63 what do you say?
thanks

Edited by chipjones
10/12/2017 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3062 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need larger and sharper pictures, particularly of the obverse.
The obverse appears to have some distracting marks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2746 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....and pictures via natural light would help as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6505 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will agree with MS-63 , but I'm not liking that mark or scratch on almost entire left side of obverse .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it would be fair to venture a guess on grade from these pics. I think your coin is a lot nicer than it looks in those pics.
Just curious, what is that line extending from 3 of the date thru. 9 brushing the Bust and going thru. the middle of IGWT North into the field? Is it a die crack? or damage? if it is a die crack it would be really cool to see it up close.
Will wait for better pics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16718 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics please. I take it these were not taken through a plastic slide?
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
added new bigger pics.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5671 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details cleaned if real, can you post a close-up picture of the mint mark area? The overall look of this particular quarter is a bit troubling.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
23065 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The curved line on the obverse needs to be determined first. If that's a die crack, it's about the biggest one I've ever seen on a Washington. If it's PMD, its almost certainly an ungradable coin for damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the curved line on the obverse looks like a scuff mark
not that bad in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to enhance OP's pic. a bit,still can't tell if it's a scratch or die crack.The coin does appear to have been cleaned though!Need a better picture by OP, not an enlargement of the same pic.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5671 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I can see the diagnostic die scratch above the D in DOLLAR; so I will say authentic, MS details - heavily cleaned.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add error_koin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The linear hairlines looks like it's been cleaned. Also looks like wheel marks on the neck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6950 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215, 2016 NCNA YN of the Year
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05