Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

High Grade Rare Coins  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4229 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was looking around eBay and I found this seller selling AMAZING coins for top dollar! I was all like while looking through their listings!

http://stores.ebay.com/Rare-Coin-Wh...047675.l2563

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to check out their website. It's amazing.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their prices are also amazing...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3017 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I don't have that many Ebucks to use!
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid $2100 for a coin a while back and I felt I had temporarily lost my mind. I will never get my money back from that purchase. You just have to want the coins for personal reasons because it is not like buying stock in Walmart.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15800 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reminds me of the 1916D Mercury dime with FSB I purchased some time back. Fits in with those prices.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
804 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You just have to want the coins for personal reasons because it is not like buying stock in Walmart.

What do you mean
I buy chicken stock at Walmart for personal reasons
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Pillar of the Community
United States
788 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some very interesting coins, but almost none with a green bean. I know, buy the coin not the holder, but......with the way the world works today if I'm buying high end rarities at top dollar I want to see it in PCGS plastic with a green bean. If it doesn't have the green bean, I have to ask myself why? JMHO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe because CAC is no longer accepting members and you have to be a member to submit? There are lots of high end coins in slabs that are not CAC.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
23076 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some very interesting coins, but almost none with a green bean. I know, buy the coin not the holder, but......with the way the world works today if I'm buying high end rarities at top dollar I want to see it in PCGS plastic with a green bean. If it doesn't have the green bean, I have to ask myself why? JMHO.

Most of those coins are the highest-graded known, or within a grade....why Bean it when there's nothing better? This is the absolute pinnacle of the numismatic market you're looking at. There are 70 coins in that store with asking prices of at least six digits.
Pillar of the Community
United States
788 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Posting from my cell phone so please excuse my lack of quotes.
Andrew, although I agree that there are many high end coins in slabs that are not cac'd, to protect an investment of this magnitude I would like JA's endorsement of the grade. Like it or not, that little green sticker adds value to the coin and assures you that there will be at least one potential buyer when the time comes. If not already a member, you can have it submitted through an existing member.
Ssuperdave, although I must admit I only looked at the morgans, I certainly saw a lot of NGC slabs. How many of those do you think would cross at the same grade at PCGS? How many were submitted again and again before they achieved that grade? I don't want just made it, I want solid for the grade.
Sorry to be so cynical, but if it was my money that was being ponied up, I would like to think that I had done my due diligence.
Again, JMHO.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:05 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, this is one of those things I look at and say to myself, "That's nice." And I move on. Most of those coins cost more than anything I own is worth and in some cases everything I own added together.

I'll stick to my Jeffs!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6510 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You see ! You see , this is why I have given up buying coins .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  10:07 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins are so nice I can't even look at them. It's like looking at the sun.....a brief glance, then look away quickly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
788 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TheForce, I do agree with you about the coins, though. Some absolutely beautiful pieces that I too could only ever dream of owning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But today, even if we could never dream of owning coins like these, we can still feast our eyes on high quality photos of them.

There's a little vicarious joy in that!
Paul Bulgerin
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05