Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone ever gotten a weird/ countfeit looking planchette before?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Moblo231 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found crhing
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moblo231 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's also about 1/3 the width of a normal penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5818 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Check ChildOfTheWheat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably not a planchette but instead just a piece of trash imo.
Remember: Change is good, especially when it's a Wheat penny
ANA Number 3181904
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3515 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's also about 1/3 the width of a normal penny

Do you mean thickness?
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25506 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does the other side look like?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/22/2017 9:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4695 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what happens to those coins you swallowed as a kid that are finally making their way out so many years later...

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25506 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That reminds me of a story.
A man goes to the Doctor about a problem.
He tells him" Doc you have to help me, I swallowed a quarter!"
Doc says: "when did this happen?"
He said: : About 6 years ago."
Doc says: "Why are you coming to me now?"
Man says: "I didn't need the money until now!"
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moblo231 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mark1959, yes, thickness, if the penny was flattened, the diameter magically realigned itself. The reverse is similar, a couple deep line marks, anyone else seen this firsthand? I'm inclined to agree it's trash, but how and why did it get into circulation? (Surely no one would countfeit pennies... .... .....)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25506 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were a split planchet, the opposite side show.

What is the weight? The surface showing looks like it might be something. Same size around as a cent?

Capped die strike:

So more images might help us more to see what you have there?
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
United States
735 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Zincoln that was blowtorched, spend it if you can.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2854 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"I didn't need the money until now!"

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20276 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you blow torch a zincoln,it just melts away.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25506 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Claude: You like that one. Here is another coin related joke:
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3515 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like a Zincoln that was blowtorched

No, this is what a Zincoln looks like after taking on a blow torch, had to prove this before. It just curls up into itself.

You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Edited by Mark1959
10/23/2017 2:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1357 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a photo of the other side? Anything on either side that somehow resembles the design of a cent?
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.99 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05