Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please help newbie with 1916 d or s (I think) wheat penny.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  02:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Midnight_Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going through some of my wheat pennies & this one has got me really curious-

On the reverse: the letter "N" in the word ONE- there looks like there is an "r" & "M" stamped in as well.
Also the letter "T" in CENT appears to have something stamped either on top or underneath. I think it might be a "v"?
Also there is no "a" on the end of America

On Obverse:
Mint mark looks like "D", but when I try to look closer, it looks like an "s"

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4109 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  02:26 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has heavy environmental damage so, mintmark and extraneous anomalies don't really have any importance. In other words, it's a goner.

Keep searching!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
10/23/2017 02:27 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20276 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a D to me. Read up on using acetone,upper left of page search box.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Midnight_Moon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6693 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the kind of Wheat cent that I would send to Crazyb0 for his collection .
Sorry OP, your coin is totaled ,no value .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
9996 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is what we in Minnesota call a lake skipper.

Keep searching. We have folks report neat finds here almost every day. No offense from our silliness.
Learn More...
United States
11416 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln Cents are considered a Modern Coin, so I moved your post to the appropriate section for the proper attention.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating two dollar bills
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18131 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2017  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A larger close-up of the MM only might help.

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05