Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

25 Halala Saudi Coin With Possible Double Die At Mint State Condition

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,326Next Topic
Page: of 2
Saudi Arabia
28 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  3:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sly923 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please send your comment.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47362 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you scanned your coin. Trying using a darker material/dark paper for the background on top of the coin when you get ready to scan the coin. Also set the scanner to the highest setting to get a quality scan. Too much white causes glare.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Saudi Arabia
28 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sly923 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your comment and suggestion, I got an additional knowledge in scanning coins to get a better picture of the coin in my next posts. Yessss
Edited by Sly923
11/20/2017 3:32 pm
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This?

Edited by Crazyb0
11/20/2017 3:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 2 Halala's (see what I did there?) is that the images aren't good enough to make a determination between Machine Doubling and actual Hub Doubling.
I see a few promising areas that could depict Hub Doubling.

If you can't post better close up images of the area in question, can you tell us if the doubling appears to be rounded and raised or flat and shelf like as seen in Coop's marvelous illustrations above?
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this will help.......

It's not the same year but is the same denomination. Looks to me like the devices appear wider than the norm....

Wait.......

I found the same year.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47362 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see, it looks like Machine Doubling. The devices are not enlarged and there is a reflection coming from the coin that makes me think it is flat and shelf like Machine Doubling.

The two images posted together, one was mirrored in design on the side by side. Even though I know nothing about this language, I figured out what had happened.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Sly923 is talking about the other side of the coin guys. I think I see notching and separation on the lower half of that side. Am I wrong?
Edited by Tanman2001
11/20/2017 9:25 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47362 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The MD is probably on both sides of the coin. A Micro image would show us more. But form looking at the overall size of the devices and the reflection from the MD flat shelf like look on the devices, I concluded it was MD.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did notice that, but that seems to be more of a very poor attempt at reingraving of the date (1435 ie: 2014) than a doubled die being that no other devices on the reverse appear to be affected.

Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom line......we need better pics!
Saudi Arabia
28 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sly923 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your comment and for information, it gave me more and more knowledge in coin errors.
Saudi Arabia
28 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sly923 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, everyone, I will send you tomorrow a clearer pic. I didn't even know it was an MD, I still need to do a lot of reading and research. Hehehehehe
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47362 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hang out here with the other coin addicts. You will learn something new all the time here.
Richard S. Cooper

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17038 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2017  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
being that no other devices on the reverse appear to be affected.

The Arabic numeral 5 (0) looks like it is affected as well. It really needs better images or in hand inspection.
Gary Schmidt
Saudi Arabia
28 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2017  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sly923 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As promised,
here is a clearer and lighter picture of the coin. Thanks Guys!

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,326Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05