Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957 D Nickel Possible Error Or Double Die. Possible Error Strike

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 3,074Next Topic  

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  07:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add victorypayne to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 1957 D Nickel with a possible error. The rim may have misprinted obstucting the top part of the word GOD. Could you tell me if this is an error coin and it's possible value. Thank you.

Learn More...
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to me, that just looks like damage. See the rim there is pushed in and not round. Somewhere in circulation it was hit on edge with a hammer or something else, and that was folded over. Unfortunately, its only worth 5 cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2896 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48921 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note that area is not rounded. So it tells me the coin was altered. (how?) If it were a cud the opposite side of the coins devices would be weak in that area.

But it looks like no devices would be opposite that area.

There should be some mark on the edge of the coin?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54844 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyway -

to the CCF!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2017  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add victorypayne to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I greatly appreciate everyone's very helpful and insightful feedback. I am new to all of this and have little knowledge of errors. I began checking all loose change three montjs ago and my lack of experience has cause me to become unnecessarily excitable over findings that proove to be worth nothing more than face value, hiwever, I still enjoy searching for those rare finds and with trial and error I amlearning more and more about the Coin World. Thank you for participating and I appreciate the time each of you took to respond.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PPorro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm always happy to read anyone who still collect Jefferson nickels. I still go through books that I buy at auctions and my piggy bank that I dump change, once a year. There are some nasty hammered and bent coins that won't go through the coin machines at the bank.

A C clamp, for example, would make a scratched center circle like that? I'm starting and old empty book of odd coins, just for fun.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 3,074Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05