Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7005 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1881 Germany Medaille.
Wilhelm II und Auguste Victoria.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3672 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add Dorado
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

1881 Germany Medaille.
Wilhelm II und Auguste Victoria

Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jeffbuckes Thank you for posting that and I look forward to more!!
Learn More...
United States
66551 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PS: Mods - should this series get its own topic so that others can add their images of medals I don't have etc? Your choice.
I think it would be best served in its own topic.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7690 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with jbuckster, maybe a couple of your favorites and a link pointing to the other thread?

Thanks for posting Dorado!
Numismatist:
One who studies or collects money or substitutes thereof.
Exonumist:
One who studies coin-like objects such as token coins and medals used in place of legal currency or for commemoration.
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK...! Here's a link to the new thread for Longines Symphonette Society's Great American Triumphs medals:

http://goccf.com/t/340239

I'll upload my pix soon and hope others can contribute!
Learn More...
United States
66551 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK...! Here's a link to the new thread for Longines Symphonette Society's Great American Triumphs medals:
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7690 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1984-1985 Cleopatra Krewe Coronation Ball Mardi Gras Doubloon

There are many organizations involved in the Mardi Gras parades and they are called Krewes.
This Krewe having the name Cleopatra, which was founded in 1972 and is still active. It is an all female Krewe.
Each Krewe have their own theme and "throws" they toss to the people on the sidewalks as they parade a certain route in the City of New Orleans. The Krewes are scheduled to parade yearly on a certain date.
A Throw can be beads and/or Doubloons and sometimes other trinkets. The common doubloons are generally silver colored aluminum but there are different colored aluminum anodized medals too with a new design each year.

A Cleopatra Theme Float

There are special ones minted for members of the Krewes or and special associates. Some in heavier medals, bronze, nickel or sometimes silver. These are much more scarce than a common aluminum "throw" but can be of the same design for that year.
This one is a special doubloon for the Cleopatra Coronation Ball. A celebration seperate from the parade.

The Coronation Ball

This year the Krewe of Cleopatra will begin their parade the last day before Mardi Gras on Monday March 4 at 6:30 PM.
Mardi Gras, or "Fat Tuesday," is the last day of the Carnival season as it always falls the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.

I have several odd and more elusive Doubloons and my eye on a few others. Some are quite eye catching and a bit scarce with interesting quality artwork, while others or rather ordinary in my opinion. I thought this one was exceptional.
Numismatist:
One who studies or collects money or substitutes thereof.
Exonumist:
One who studies coin-like objects such as token coins and medals used in place of legal currency or for commemoration.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3672 Posts
 Posted Today  14H 3M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great collectible from for Mardi Gras TNG
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted Today  9H 41M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

1984-1985 Cleopatra Krewe Coronation Ball Mardi Gras Doubloon

This is interesting. Other than the fact that Mardi Gras exists,I didn't know any of this. How do they throw these heavy doubloons without hurting people?
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted Today  9H 10M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sterling Longines Symphonette Samuel FB Morse

This will be my last one of these, unless my LCS gets more or I seek one out online. But I am happy to now own five and feel as though they have been great additions to my burgeoning medal collection.

Morse was born in 1791 in Charlestown,MA. His father, the pastor Jedidiah Morse, became known as the "father of American geography" for his creation of textbooks for use by young students studying the geography of the expanding country.

Morse graduated from Yale in 1810 and, against the wishes of his father, began a long career as a painter. In 1825, while working away from home on a job, he received word by horse messenger of his wife's illness and, the next day,her death. Arriving home after her burial, his sadness inspired him to seek out an effective means of rapid long distance communication.

During a voyage at sea in 1832, he conversed with a scientist who described to him how electromagnetism is used to send information through copper cables instantly even over a great distance. He then developed the concept of the single wire telegraph.

Morse spent much of the rest of his life engaged in court battles over the patenting and rights to the invention, as he was not the only one working on such a project. He was also one of the developers of Morse Code, which uses a series of dashes and dots as a language for use in telegraphic communication.

Morse died in New York City in 1872 at the age of 80
Edited by thisistheshow
Today 8H 53M ago
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
 Posted Today  8H 45M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bolivia 1863 medal honoring Presidente Acha (similar to 2 soles)

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2240 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 33M ago  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been buying lately. Danish Royal Guard Asssociation 25 year service medal. Silver and gilt on bronze.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2240 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 31M ago  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely pristine Diamond Jubilee medal

Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05