Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 151
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The cent itself is a glowing example of freshness

There is a lot of luster showing through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1787 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
999fine, the more I look at that B&O railroad token, the more I want one! Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9603 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* Tokens * (United States - Sales Tax Tokens)
Value 3 Mills (0.003) (1946-1951)

References:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces20567.html
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
* Tokens * (United States - Sales Tax Tokens) Value 3 Mills (0.003) (1946-1951)
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mudie's National Series #1-George III

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5813 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This weekends creations. I guess you could call them acquisitions since I created the exonumia

Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17149 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yarm, very nice high relief bronze medal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  05:38 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yarm - your KGIII is a lovely sight to behold, so chocolately!
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The New York World's Fair of 1964/65 enjoyed huge corporate participation. Many large companies had pavilions including IBM.

The circular medal measures 50mm in diameter and was struck in bronze by the Medallic Art Company of New York. No mintage is reported.

The medal's obverse bears square with inscribed IBM / HUNDRED / PERCENT / CLUB 1963; around, IBM ELECTRIC TYPEWRITER DIVISION IBM ELECTRIC TYPEWRITER DIVISION.

The reverse bears view of IBM's pavilion at the New York World's Fair of 1964/65, with a family of three walking/standing in front. Around the edge NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR 1964-1965 NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR 1964-1965. The dome of the pavilion is similar to an IBM Selectric typewriter font ball with repeated IBM text

Most online searches for info turned up more Tiffany-signed silver bowls with the medal incorporated into the bottom of the bowl, more than the medal itself.

My example is drilled; it didn't originate that way.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another recent addition, George Washington Bicentennial of Birth with advertising for Nyce (or perhaps NYCE) Manufacturing of Vernfield PA on the reverse.

I like the simple obverse portrait with minimal text. A contemporary medal to the date of the celebration, which was huge, supplememted by a 10 postage stamp issue + postal stationery envelopes and picture post card designs by the hundreds.

Valued Member
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of you may have heard about these large Carvana tokens... Carvana is an online automobile dealership that has placed towering "car vending machines" in major cities across the country. Once you buy a car from Carvana, the company sends you a palm-sized 75mm white medal token to use in the car vending machine. Once the token is inserted into a slot, your new car is dispensed from the machine. I bought this token on eBay, however, so I doubt it will work in the machine.

Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rdlem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool thread! Searching for the right place to post this estate sale find. I paid a dollar for it! I couldn't find much about it online, one other just like it but no one really knew much about that one either.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8118 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been busy getting ready for coin show and have one to post tonight. Great additions lately!
You guys ROCK!

1893 Declaration Of Independence Dollar Gallery

1893 Discovery of America White Metal Larger Variety Medal
also more appropriately called 1893 Declaration Of Independence Dollar, since Hibler and Kappen have another completely different design so-called dollar HK-158 that is titled DISCOVERY OF AMERICA DOLLAR.

There is a silver medal so-called dollar HK-156 that is 40 mm with a reeded edge, and there is also an even smaller white metal so-called dollar HK-157 that is 36 mm.

I have found THIS almost 59 mm medal that is larger than the HK-156 and HK-157 but it does not have a Hibler and Kappen number that I know of.
One of these was struck in 23 kt gold and is also cataloged as Eglit 36A

From patent 20,196:
"The drawing represents a front view of the design. The upper portion consists of a pictorial representation of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Immediately below this picture is a scroll extending across the face of the medal. Occupying the lower central portion of the design and partly overlapping the scroll and picture described above is an eagle surmounting a shield, and at each side of the shield and eagle is a portrait, as shown."

From patent 20,195:
"The drawing represents a front view of the design and illustrates two cardinal events in the history of America. The upper portion of the drawing represents the first cardinal event, the discovery of America by Columbus.
The lower portion of the drawing represents the second cardinal event, the landing of the Pilgrims at Plymouth."
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  11:56 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Carvana token is neat. I've only seen the super large commercial prop that is used. I never realized that the vending machine was real. Quite an item for a vending machine collector to look for for a collection!

On the oversize "dime" I think this is simply a key chain trinket without numismatic value :(

Independence medal - I think this would be a very popular topic for medal and token users. Thanks for showing, You really like these oversize items judging from your numerous earlier posts.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8118 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You really like these oversize items judging from your numerous earlier posts.

The older ya get, the bigger they get!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 151  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05