Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,379 / Views: 204,952Next Topic
Page: of 226
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up this nice USS Pueblo Commemorative Medallion the other day. For those of you that don't know about this, 12 years after signing of the armistice agreement, the North Koreans went into international waters and captured the USS Pueblo and her crew. They kept the crew imprisoned and tortured for a year before they were finally released.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9658 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember the USS Pueblo. Thanks!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked up this nice USS Pueblo Commemorative Medallion the other day.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1306 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a medal I've been watching for a couple of years:

CENTURY OF PROGRESS CHICAGO

Italian Exhibit

This is a 1933 high relief bronze medal (34mm) crafted in Mussolini's Italy for the Italian Exhibit at the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair in Chicago. The architecture of the pavilion was in the shape of a plane which was tied into the Transatlantic flight of a squadron of Italian seaplanes led by aviator Italo Balbo from Rome to Chicago. The artwork was by Italian sculptor Francesco Nagni (1897-1977) and struck by Stefano Johnson in Milan.

HK471

One side features a nude muscular male carrying a fasces on an eagles wing background with "Mostra Italiana" (Italian Exhibit) and "A. XI. E.F." (Our Italy Year 11 of the fascist era). The reverse has a draped female figure shielding herself from the sun as well as a Chicago cityscape. Medal is struck in extreme depth. The 2nd edition of "So-Called Dollars" says this is a Rarity 4

Without a doubt my best Century of Progress medal to date. :)

EDIT 3/27: currently on eBay an example graded and slabbed MS66 is offered at $1600.00
Coins were meant to be spent.
Edited by 999fine
03/27/2021 2:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9658 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 999! I don't recall seeing this one before.
Great catch
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1306 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also acquired a reasonably nice example from the 1939 NYWF.

38mm bronze struck medal with obverse depicting a male figure at center, in Czech national dress, bound to pillars with swastika; female with infant at left, child embracing man's waist at right; Prague's architectural landmarks, St. Vitus Cathedral and Charles bridges in background; inscription below city views: "PRAVDA", at left, and "ZVITEZI", at right; in exergue: "CZECHOSLOVAKIA"; legend in exergue: 'SHALL . BE . FREE. AGAIN." Reverse shows Czechoslovakian coat of arms of 1919-1939, adapted from a 20-korun coin.

This medal was issued for the former Czech consul H.T.Schwanda to protest the Nazi takeover of Czechoslovakia on March 15, 1939.

Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9658 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff!
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17826 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bronze Medaille 1100 Jahre Kirdorf 892-1992 17. November 892 Ersterwänung des Or
(40.mm)

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bronze Medaille 1100 Jahre Kirdorf 892-1992 17. November 892 Ersterwänung des Or (40.mm)
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9658 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1971-1980 North Dakota 12 Medal Souvenir Dollar Set
in a Capital Plastics Holder

A completely different set aside from my other that I had pieced together last year. Here's a link to that album.

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2034

I have seen this set for sale missing the last two but this time I found one complete. I suspected the 1972 Bronze South Dakota was the error but found no info on the 12th hole. Now I know it is for the 1972 Dakota Central Coin Club which is most likely what this set was assembled for and made available to Club Members.
Looks to be in very nice condition. Had to have it!
My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1971-1980 North Dakota 12 Medal Souvenir Dollar Set in a Capital Plastics Holder
That looks fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9658 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1971-1980 South Dakota 10 Medal Souvenir Dollar Set
with Literature

Well, because I made a purchase of the 12 North Dakota medals, I couldn't pass up this complete set of South Dakota Souvenir Dollars that include literature.
Now I have a couple sets of each.

My favorite album!
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, because I made a purchase of the 12 North Dakota medals, I couldn't pass up this complete set of South Dakota Souvenir Dollars that include literature. Now I have a couple sets of each.
You are the man!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17826 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Charles Dickens
1812-1870
(40 mm brass medal)

Page: of 226 Previous TopicReplies: 3,379 / Views: 204,952Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05