Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A continuing thread ~ Post your recent Tokens, Medals, Exonumia acquisition

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 90
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
paralyse you win.
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." - P.T. Barnum

eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cherry Hill, N.J. COLONIAL MOTEL Good For ONE PERKINS COURTESY BREAKFAST Token
(PERKINS Restaurant before they became large nation-wide chain)

@yellow88

I like the Colonial Motel token - it reminds me of roadtrips from a long time ago, many nights spent in motels, black and white TVs, and buffet breakfasts! I've been to Cherry Hill a few times (it's just outside Philly), but I've never stayed in that particular motel. There are many old diners and motels on that stretch of road, not sure if the Colonial is still there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7546 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although, I had been in remission from buying medals etc. I got an email on these from a seller and had a relapse but without regret.
Last time I dealt with him I bought a similar lot and got the leatherette hinged case with it for $5

I know some collectors, if not many frown on Franklin Mint sterling medals in our numismatic world, but mintages are low, in this series, 5292 each were minted of those shown below. Many of these were melted down during the silver boom of the late 70's.
The themes on some I find historically interesting, and the artwork is sometimes very nice too.

Buying them at close to bullion is not a terrible way to go for me. I had been buying a lot of paper lately and it just made sense to at least balance things and add more silver to the safe.

This lot will come in a case too, they hold 10 medals each which I have no trouble filling both up with what I already have. They do not match the particular box as a set but with these octangular capsules that these Franklin Mint coins come in, it makes for a nice storage solution. The cases themselves are collectible too.
My four medals are actually shown in this case here. The other 6 I let get by me.

On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Learn More...
United States
63481 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14855 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking set! TNG you have some outstanding medals!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TNG you never fail to impress me with your adds.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know some collectors, if not many frown on Franklin Mint sterling medals in our numismatic world

@TNG - Nice looking set, ! And don't worry what (some) others might think - collect what makes you happy. I have a box of sterling medals, too; they're attractive and I like them!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7546 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys and thanks for keeping the thread alive too!
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins and case. It's a shame they have go into a safe. I hope they come out from time to time so you can enjoy them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7458 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This 1855-dated token was struck privately in Boston, Massachusetts. The design is a reasonable copy of a contemporary Large Cent, dated 1855, with a modified reverse that reads NOT ONE CENT / BUT JUST AS GOOD.

Diameter is 27mm (about the same as a Large Cent.)

The issuing company was Currier & Greeley -- they apparently sold tea and coffee and other similar goods.

This token is a bit of an oddball: too late to be a Hard Times token, too early to be a Civil War token. To me, it's undoubtedly a store card, but that's about where my knowledge ends.

Known examples show significant wear and a large reverse cud, just as this one does; the wear may have been "manufactured" but the cud is likely unintentional.

At least one uniface token of like design with the same wording but a different and much more detailed wreath is known to exist, based on what I was able to find while browsing the Web (source: user "Broadstruck" @ CU Forums, who considers it a trial strike/pattern) -- it has a very large die crack through the right side of the wreath, but is a lustrous red-brown with little wear.

Attribution: Miller (Massachusetts) MA-30, Bushnell 23, Rulau-Fuld Cen-1B

Scarcity: R-6

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1701 UK , GREAT BRITAIN King George III Spade Guinea Gaming Token - Jeton

1817 Princess Charlotte DEATH Medal

1867 Schuss Marke, German Confederate Shooting Festival Token, 19.5mm

Liberty Head Comp. S Marke - In Unitate Fortitudo-Compos. Spiel-Marke Token (obverse and reverse)

London Mutuality Co-Operative Society Ltd. Token

Werth-Marke 20 Pfennig Token - GERMANY 1871-1948

"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." - P.T. Barnum

eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7546 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 1855 not ONE CENT is really neat. They all are.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some very interesting adds
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
63481 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7546 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excited about this little subset completion tonight.
I had the Annie Oakley NRA medal Error reverse first, bought the Punt Gun to show the correct reverse and tonight after perhaps a more than one year venture, I finally picked up the correct Annie Oakley Marlin 39.

I posted these two earlier HERE
http://goccf.com/t/301479&whichpage=57#2765995
and again below. The new one is posted under those and is on the way.

Although, my gallery image of the error medal here says 4000, I am sure there are very few errors minted. The total mintage for all Marlin 39 Annie Oakley medals totaled 4000.

Ta-Da!
Edited by TNG
12/09/2018 8:28 pm
Page: of 90 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05