Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

12 Federal Banks And The Serial Numbers Applied, Another Piece Of Research

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  02:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Imacblaine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I found another piece of research that I was thinking might be of use specifically for the collection of paper currency, I had a very hard time finding anything to do with the total amount of bills printed for each year, for each bill denomination, and for each Federal Reserve Bank and their totals printed.
What I ended up finding after a few hours of research what is a PDF file of 246 pages starting with $1 state and federal bank notes going all the way to hundred dollar state and federal bank notes up to the year 2009.
I did the math for the 1976 year two dollar bills and cross-checked it with what I had found on Google searches for the total(596m for all banks and sets)(Google references 590,720,000) the information listed at the heading of the serial numbers reads 575,360,000 regular, 15,360,000 star notes,8 blocks, 5 complex blocks, and 8 groups.
These are just the totals for 1976 on the $2 bill, the first from my calculations, the second from Google's reference, the Third from the books heading about 1976 $2 bills.

Please let me know what you guys think, there's no link as it is just a PDF file that I found on the web. I'm specifically looking to see if the numbers are close enough that this can be used as a reference for serial numbers printed at what Federal Bank.
Also if you want a copy,I can give the pdf to the coincommunity if someone can help me post it. Thanks everyone for your input.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imacblaine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I forgot about screenshotting, here's a picture of the first page of the $2 section and the screenshot of the 2003 series prior to 2003A
Pillar of the Community
United States
2354 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imacblaine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I looked at these websites and couldn't find anything , I will definitely be adding them to my researching list for future references
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42931 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the paper money forum!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05