Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1998 Lincoln Cent - Never Seen This Before

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 992Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  07:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Im so fed up with the format on this forum that if this dont go through *** Edited by Staff | The bad word filter is in place for a reason. Bypassing the filter and making the intended word obvious anyway is completely unacceptable. *** ive attemted to post this two times so I'm just going to slam these pictures down and hey see for your selves I got a 1998 copper yup copper Lincoln dont ask stupid questions ive done all the tests weight water distribution even tasted it and its copper so hey wasnt even looking for anything like it it just found me and to boot its a double die so when I sale it I'm buying this forum and making it user friendly

Edited by Nononssence
12/04/2017 07:30 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh?
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
all sounds good , but your pics are hard to see. nice close am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1991 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the photos ill post more now
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13620 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not that we don't believe you , but we need hard evidence like a good photo of this coin on a gram scale clearly showing the weight of a copper Lincoln . Obverse side up. Thank you .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
87706 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all, to the Community!

Second, please remember that this is a family friendly forum.

Third, take a deep breath and relax. We are here to help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2509 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is not copper. You can tell the softer Zinc was used because of the overall weakness of the strike, and how the coin looks. From your photos, a lighter color can be seen which is typical of the Zinc cents when the plating starts to wear away. I also see no evidence of any doubled die. Please be patient with the people on here, and please keep language clean.
Edited by CoinCollector2000
12/04/2017 09:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Can you post the weight of this coin?

I think a Copper plated Zinc cent would taste just like a solid Copper cent, because the outside of the coin is still Copper. I hope you washed it off before you tasted it.
I have seen some nasty looking cents floating around in circulation.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I surely did wash it thoroughly nowto answee the weak strike I beliave its due to the planchette no of size as the coin is much thiner in width and as for tthe silver on the edges that is strickly glare from my led light I'm uploading more photos now lastly I wish to appoligize to the forum for my language in my first post I was simply frustrated as I'm working off of my phone bue to my computer crashing and tganks for all the help to you all

Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the planchette no of size as the coin is much thiner in width

How much does it weigh?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1680 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
even tasted it

A coin taste test?
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a level 2.49 gm. Ive weighted it on diffent scales and did a water density test as well I'm not near my scale at this time but ill post photos when I
Can. Also Were the last set of photos better angles ? I tried to get it from all sides if more are needed let me know but as of now what is the group oppinion ?
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nononssence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup taste just like money
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zinc cents weigh 2.5 grams and copper weighs 3.1 grams so I think you have you a regular 1998 cent sorry worth about 1 cent
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 992Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05