Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Websites for Coin Purchases  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  6:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Overcon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone have any reliable websites that sell coins at fair prices? I live in a small town, not really a large selection of places to purchase coins eBay isn't really a place I like to take a chance on. What with people selling stuff at retail and the chance of a scam high.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had websites they liked, trusted, that have fair prices and sell a wide variety of coins from ancient to new.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10571 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What you are specifically looking for would change our recommendations.

If you are looking for coins in the $200+ range I'd recommend Heritage, Great Collections, and Stacks.

If you're looking for raw coins all of the advertisers on this sight sell at tight profits and complete security and reliability.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20445 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
11576 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to my old list for modern coins:
http://goccf.com/t/88381#728874
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
19086 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please be more specific about your interests.

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
9607 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I live in a small town, not really a large selection of places to purchase coins eBay isn't really a place I like to take a chance on. What with people selling stuff at retail and the chance of a scam high.

eBay is by far the biggest venue for coins unless you're looking for expensive material then the auction houses have a much larger presence. There really isn't a high chance of getting scammed on eBay either, the chance is a lot higher for sellers than it is for buyers. Avoid Asian sellers, if it looks to good to be true it is, certain things should only be purchased graded and if you do that you've eliminated 99 percent of scams when the majority of sellers aren't scammers anyway.

Really it depends what you're looking for for what will be most likely to have what you want. I'm not a fan of eBay because of how they treat sellers, but the reality is for most collectors they will have the largest selection of what people are looking for. Until someone can compete with them or over take them it's a big source that would be ignored
Pillar of the Community
United States
3291 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have specific wants there is nothing wrong with shopping on eBay.

Many trusted dealers and private sellers are available to choose from.
Just do your homework and read feedback.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3881 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
eBay isn't really a place I like to take a chance on.

Look at the pictures carfully plus eBay has a pretty darn good return policy - even if the seller says no refunds that don't mean anything. But you have to know what you are doing to buy smart -
If you are looking for a website then I'd say - https://www.mintproducts.com/ pretty good prices, and if you are unhappy they have a great return/refund program!

Oh, by the way – the book I gave you for Christmas has to be returned to the library next week.

Edited by Mark1959
12/05/2017 7:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lmwstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just to keep the thread going, does anyone use other online auction sites regularly?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1581 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the reality is for most collectors they will have the largest selection of what people are looking for. Until someone can compete with them or over take them it's a big source that would be ignored

For pieces under $100 or so, eBay is certainly the best venue for a large selection of items
Boardwalk Numismatics

http://stores.ebay.com/jdmern/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
594 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2017  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like eBay to see what's out there and how much people are paying. Newer things are plentiful and it's fairly easy to find a good price. Classic coins are often pricier than they should be, and the more attractive ones sell quickly. After a few purchases, I've followed some of the better dealers and bought from their own sites, saving eBay fees. They often list their inventory on eBay at the same time, so my eBay searches keep me posted.

I like Great Collections, thanks to some referrals from here. They have grades higher and lower than my target so I'm reasonably confident the ideal piece will come along eventually, and I know the prices will be reasonable. I've looked at Heritage a few times but find the UI so cumbersome, I haven't managed to find anything I want. At David Lawrence, I've had better luck with the modern pieces (commemorative or bullion). The older pieces often surprise me with the ending prices, at least for what holes I have left to fill.
Working on: Franklin halves (Unc), Peace dollars (62-63), US type (larger Seated AU)

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Overcon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I guess I will check eBay and see. I suppose with their return policy and the feedback ratings of people I should be fairly safe. I am just a small time collector that started a little over a year ago. Still learning. I have mostly purchased certified silver coins and a few silver bars. I was looking to get some diversity in older coins but not really for value, since I don't know much about them. More just like a little variety in collecting and to own a tiny, tiny part of the past :)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05