Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 P Wheat Cent With Very Unusual "Associated BIE" (Metal Is Raised)  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:34 pm Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this coin roll hunting through a circulated bankroll from a bank box of U.S. Pennies. It has this very unusual Die Chip in the R and T in Liberty. It's clearly not PMD as it's raised and not pushed in metal.

Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
01/11/2018 8:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3124 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is really cool looking - Nice One

You probably already know but it should/would be considered a BIE check out COC if you haven't yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you CoincentsLady. I am glad you are back on here. You were offline since early September of last year. I know it's a "BIE", but if there's a Die Chip somewhere else like on the R and T, it's called a "Associated BIE". I will look on COC's to see if it's listed. I think it's listed, but need to compare die markers to see.
Errors And Varietys.
01/11/2018 8:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3124 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for welcome back

I actually missed that on your Title line "Associated BIE". I am not familiar with that term. Many of of the BIE's can sometimes have various die chips - those chips are not relevant to the BIE itself (at least as far as I know)

The only die chip that I know of that actually has a nick name is the "skirted R" which has the bottom portion of the R filled in and I believe they are only on the 1960 LMC's
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found it! LDB6-1953-001. It's called an RIT error.

http://cuds-on-coins.com/ldb6-1953/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for welcome back

I actually missed that on your Title line "Associated BIE". I am not familiar with that term. Many of of the BIE's can sometimes have various die chips - those chips are not relevant to the BIE itself (at least as far as I know)

The only die chip that I know of that actually has a nick name is the "skirted R" which has the bottom portion of the R filled in and I believe they are only on the 1960 LMC's

You're welcome! Associated BIE is not a widely used term I don't think and that's why it's not familiar to some people. You are correct on "Skirted R" term. Most commonly happens on 1960 D Small Dates since they chipped the most.

Quote:
Found it! LDB6-1953-001. It's called an RIT error

Thank you Tanman. It's listed on there.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3124 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super Cool - Congrats E&V.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you CoincentsLady. It's been awhile since I found a "BIE" on a Lincoln Wheat cent.
Errors And Varietys.
01/11/2018 9:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3124 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can still call me CC instead of the whole name. I don't really like the CoinCentsLady change that I made a few months back. I am going to check with Fuzzy and see if I can have my CoinCents back - this new one just isn't me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6571 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting die chip @E&V--thanks for posting. I hadn't seen one of these before.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14273 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat chip and nice snag. Congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For now on, I will call you CoinCents. You're welcome Spence and thank you moxking. I personally haven't seen this Die Chip until now. :)
Errors And Varietys.
01/11/2018 9:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6425 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  02:35 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's called an RIT error.

Shouldn't it be an "R_T"?

Quote:
I don't really like the CoinCentsLady change that I made a few months back. I am going to check with Fuzzy and see if I can have my CoinCents back - this new one just isn't me.

I agree with you. I understand why you did it, but it's just not really kicking. Be you!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yanks21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really digging that! Congrats on that find. It is still amazing me what you can find going through these boxes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  10:52 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you yanks. It is amazing what you can find in these boxes. Anything could be in these boxes.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More information on associated die breaks.

http://cuds-on-coins.com/hardy-index-system/

Starting in 2018 COC will be adding the Hardy Index Suffix " description / delimitation letter / position letters" to Lincoln Cents "LIBERTY" Die Breaks. As the listing are updated they will now be listed with full die breaks at the top and small die breaks at the bottom of the page. See the Hardy Index System link.
Edited by JC Stevens
01/12/2018 10:55 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05