Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found this in a bank roll today, 1951-D LWC  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2018  11:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnsolaris to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Hi,

Went to the bank today & picked a few rolls while I was there.

I found a couple of Canadian pennies & this one. It still has a bit of lustre on it. which makes me think it was in someones piggy bank for a long time. none the less, I was pleased.

Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. I love finding wheat cents. It makes my day every time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6448 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

They are always nice to find in the wild.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14311 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice keeper. It makes the hunt a lot more fun when you can find these tidbits.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny how wheat's bring a smile to everyone's face when they are found. Nice find.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Edited by scopru
01/12/2018 08:31 am
Learn More...
United States
54947 Posts
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DrEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a punch of unsearched penniesbut but still so much to learn about spotting the interesting ones.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24496 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8209 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That's a fun score!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6166 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

It's a fun find but alas with little numismatic value ... your photos show wear and corrosion ... still a nice CRH find.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05