Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question about 2006 Roosevelt Dime With No Edge Reeding  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  02:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shaw69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I'm going to try to post some pictures of one example of what I think of as an error, but have never gotten any confirmation from anyone so felt this would be as good a time as any. Over the years of working in various jobs around change, I notice when a dime or quarter has no edge reeding, and not from being rolled or hit. I'll try to show you what I'm talking about.

One of the pics is with a normal dime to show the difference in the edge. Any information would be awesome, thank you.
Learn More...
United States
12412 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  02:46 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
might be a dryer coin, or maybe it was once encased in a holder. Can we see images of the obverse and reverse?
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6448 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  02:49 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Head-on pics of the front and back could be useful.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shaw69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some additional pictures.

Honestly it just looks like a normal 2006 dime, not UNC but not beat up like one would expect if this had happened to it from wear.
Learn More...
United States
12412 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  03:09 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, With the additional pictures, I am thinking maybe early stages of a dryer coin, or possibly the result of someone spooning the edge.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mckinley_4th to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14311 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy has the most likely reasons nailed. For certain it's not a mint made error.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD, probably a dryer coin or spooned. Not a mint error.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05