Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member From Chicago  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  8:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kevcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello CCF!

I started collecting coins about 6 months ago and found my new passion! I've spent the past 6 months buying, researching and studying coins. I joined CCF to learn more about numismatics and occasionally ask for advice.

It all started with the unexpected passing of my girlfriend's uncle. The family asked me to sell his extensive collection of Department 56 holiday collectibles. I spent a week going through every item, researching the value, rarity, condition, etc.

While I was at the property I noticed a few envelopes of Wheat cents (mainly late 50's). I grabbed an envelope, pulled out a coin, Google searched it and found myself amazed by the endless amount of varieties and potential value of coins.

I went to Chase, picked up a box of pennies (and a cheap magnifier from Walgreens) and started my exploration. To my amazement (remember, I was new to collecting at this time), I found what seemed to be/is a 1998D Lincoln Cent mint error (see attached pics). Any advice (rarity/value) on this coin would be great. From that moment on I was and am still hooked.

Since then I've invested in hundreds of coins, been to several estate sales, auctions, etc. I have many interesting coins and would love any advice the CCF can offer. If there is a specific forum for coin opinions/advice please let me know.

I look forward to being part of the community!

Cheers!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1665 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to ccf. Look round for a bit and you will find the correct to ask you questions in!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
13112 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This forum has several sections for US, UK, other countries, and Ancient coins. And sub-sections for grading, varieties & errors. There are also sections for paper money, coin roll hunting, metal detecting, and many others. If you have questions try and post your pictures of the coins in the corresponding section/sub-section to reach experts in that area.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15652 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try using the search function for any information you may find of interest. You may be surprised how many pages you can find.

And
Pillar of the Community
United States
5008 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your cent is a vise job (2 coins squeezed together in a vice to leave an imprint one each other)
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum, Kevcoins!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2309 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  05:03 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum From a Chicago Suburbanite!

http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1604 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Unfrotunately, your coin is the result of a bored child finding his dad’s tools in the shed. We call that PMD.
If my metal detector detects a metal medal, does it not, at that point, become not only a metal detector, but a medal detector and a metal medal detector as well?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3054 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4133 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11919 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
59080 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3032 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to Community.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05