Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thinking this may be a 1995-D 1˘ WDDO-003?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  03:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SeekerxofxTruth to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3027 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  04:22 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a Doubled Die Obverse. WDDO-003 is easy to see and has widespread doubling and your coin is not even close to matching it. Sorry, but it is a normal coin. Worth face value.
Errors And Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20788 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
003 is easy to see even with a low power loupe or even the naked eye. Check CC's site as well.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeekerxofxTruth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's my problem though. I'm all over these sites comparing a lot way before I make a post. Like if I'm posting a coin I'm fully aware of what it looks like on 4 different websites, haha. Starting to think I just don't have the eye for this
Pillar of the Community
United States
1454 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Starting to think I just don't have the eye for this

It takes a little while to "learn" what to look for. Most of us don't come in here recognizing a DD the first time we see one. It took me over a year to know what to look for. (Maybe I'm just a slow learner). Don't give up, it will come to you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3272 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't give up. Some doubled dies are so minor that they are difficult to see in hand, even more so looking at images. That is one of the reasons we use die markers to identify them. If you think you see minor doubling that looks close to a known doubled die, then you look for the markers. If you find the markers, then you know for sure that is what you have.
Some of the 1995-D doubled dies are hard identify without these markers, especially from pictures.
Go to John Wexler's website: http://doubleddie.com/506234.html
and compare your coin with the known doubled dies and look for markers, especially 1995-D 1˘ WDDO-007

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11924 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have tons of questions about DD every day. You are most certainly not alone in your pursuit of understanding.

Keep asking. Eventually it will pop into your head and you will wonder why it was so hard to get there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26220 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It takes time to develop the eye. It starts out that you can see anything different, then it advances to seeing machine doubling, then on to spotting too much as you are looking too hard for something that is not there. When you reach the third stage, if you have a doubled die, then it will leap out at you. Then you will think of this thread and think; "I was looking too hard." If you have a doubled die, they convince you almost immediately that this is a doubled die. Try looking at coppercoins for examples of doubled dies. Search for Why this is a doubled die looking at images there. Note how the devices can be affected. Note directions, how much, how little spread is possible. Note the centers of the closed letters. Note the shape there when compared with a normal die.

Note how the 2006 DDO's have the devices distorted on the die. Then when you see the centers on MD examples, you will note that these areas are not distorted. Another clue for a normal die that altered the strike afterwards. It takes time, but worth the effort. Soon you will be answering questions for others and here is where you will get the best education. Why? Because everyone here will help you see what we are talking about. Seeing is understanding. So don't give up. Keep posting your questions. Perhaps some others may learn from what questions you ask. Seek the truth.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/13/2018 1:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
20945 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep at it!

to the CCF!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05