Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 s steel cent error coin  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I was hoping to get some thoughts on this coin . I was searching some pennies for errors or whatever and I came across this . It seems the s is misplaced and there is a shadow image of a 4 in the last position. I know the 1944 steel is very valuable is this worth any more expertise , any thoughts appreciated , thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1265 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where I drew on your coin if you zoom in you can see the top of a 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Mrzllewellyn! I believe it is a 1943 s.

BTW, to the community!

Edited to ad welcome.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!
When I was in college I majored in malfunction.
If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
01/13/2018 10:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5444 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep looking - there was only 20 found .......I doubt you have 21
Having a sense of humor is the greatest thing God gave you! Have fun using it!

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (56 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I think your right , it does seem the s is a bit small and straight under the 4 , on the 1943 is dead center , thanks for help
Pillar of the Community
United States
3551 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Keep looking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3442 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Filled die error 1943.
Learn More...
United States
54925 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14002 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hertzyinmn: to the CCF !

Looks like a 194( ) dated steel to me.
Has been tooled in the ( ) area.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Say could you expand on that.as now I think this to be more than a plugged die . Especially with the small s and misplacement of it. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
3442 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post a picture of the reverse and a close up of the date area.
I don't think that is an S mint mark.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24465 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
3442 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It still looks like a common grease filled die error 1943 Steel cent to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14303 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a 44 but
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05