Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland Collectors Unite!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 96 / Views: 9,261Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17152 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CF: - That's a nice example!
Learn More...
Canada
9178 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone here know if the book by Barry Borsellino was ever published?

Yes, and no... Barry was selling copies of his book on CD Rom discs for a while on eBay - homemade jobs. No ISBN number or anything...

http://goccf.com/t/212630

Bits and pieces are on the internet here and there: http://www.nunet.ca/nne/TheLogbookVol4No1.pdf

I bought a disc and have it as part of my digital library. I am not sure if it still available to purchase from Barry, you could try sending a note through his eBay account:

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/bmbquest?no...047675.l2559

Roger
--
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roger,

Thanks for the info, I contacted him via eBay.

Awaiting response.

Joe
Valued Member
Canada
64 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canuckl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Rare 1870 Newfoundland 20 cent
Edited by Canuckl
04/11/2019 9:00 pm
Valued Member
Canada
125 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lakeman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Canuckl! I have recently started collecting NFLD and NB 20 cent pieces as well! I'm from New Brunswick..
Learn More...
United States
88553 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if I would qualify, however I did just inherit a coin collection from an estate, and it has a few NFLD coins in it.

As my name states, I am a total noob, and did not even know these existed!

My first post... :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on the book by Barry Borsellino. I got a copy on CD last week. The work he has done so far has been great. Lots of info and great pictures of varieties.

I've spent a few hours classifying some of my Newfie 20 cent pieces.

Additionally, he granted me access to his Google Drive folders for further updates.

The book is not yet complete, but it was well worth the money.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys, latest addition to my nfld collection.
1947 dime

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I managed to take some pictures. Since I got them all at the same time these are all "new to my collection". Sorry if the pictures suck. Sorry if this is considered "spam". Lastly, prices were there when I got them and are probably from the 70s or 80s. darn I was hoping to show all 6. That took work to re-size and crop them all to make them work.

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I managed to take some pictures. Since I got them all at the same time these are all "new to my collection". Sorry if the pictures suck. Sorry if this is considered "spam". Lastly, prices were there when I got them and are probably from the 70s or 80s. darn I was hoping to show all 6. That took work to re-size and crop them all to make them work.

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 96 / Views: 9,261Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05