Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1897 Four Generations of The Royal Family  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
562 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  2:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is one 1897 Commemorative medal that's very interesting.
What I'll call the reverses depicts four generations on the Royal Family, Queen Victoria, future Kings Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII.
I have come to find out there are at least three completely different obverses associated with this four generation medal and I'm not sure if there are even more.
I know of a British, Australian and Canadian version are there more then these three?
Interesting item all comment welcome.

Cheers, Bill

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a wonderful piece!
Gathering small piles of US copper and silver for more than 40 years.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14749 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not kidding when I in joy over that piece. It is phenomenal. Now it's on my want list
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a guy who sells paint for a living I kinda want one for the advertising side.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4538 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!!
*Complete Canada 50 cent set 1953-present

*Complete Canada Toonie ($2) set 1996-present

*And just a mix of everything else!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3805 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you seen the one from Remington Typewriter?
Learn More...
United States
56002 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Never knew they existed. My favourite is the Remington piece. On my list now, as well!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
562 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’ve researched these a little further and have collected photos on at least six different obverse matched with the same Four Generation medal.

Cheers, Bill
Learn More...
United States
56002 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2018  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I’ve researched these a little further and have collected photos on at least six different obverse matched with the same Four Generation medal.
That is pretty cool. Sounds like that would make for a nice set.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05