Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Case For 1882 Large Victoria Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  12:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinhistory to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I recently purchased a large Victoria cent graded by ICCS but I really dislike the soft plastic case. I would like to purchase an air tite case as a replacement. Is there a direct fit case for this coin or will I have to purchase one with a ring?

If you can recommend a case/ring size then that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29006 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4579 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wizard is a US company you can try https://www.colonialacres.com/Default.asp Canadian
Pillar of the Community
Canada
983 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your located near Vancouver, JandM Coin and Jewelry has a great selection of supplies at good prices (better than lighthousecanada).

I prefer the quadrum holders https://www.lighthousecanada.ca/col...drum-square/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And Canadian large cents are the same size as the Sacajawea or SB Anthony large cents. I use the s\Sac and SBA sizes for my 1 1/2 X 1 1/2's that I use for all my albums. They are a perfect fit.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1647 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okie , how many coins fit on a page using 1 1/2 flips as apposed to 2x2s?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is either 25 or 30 coins per page.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2018  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's 30 to the page for 1 1/2X 1 1/2.... 5 across and 6 down.. If you have quite a few coins or collections, you save lots of space using the smaller ones. As I said before, use the size for Sacajwea or SB Anthony for the large cents. The others are self explanatory. I've always ordered mine from Brooklyn Gallery of Coins and Stamps in NYC. For anything in Numismatic supplies or books, they can't be beat.

Here's a link to the "holder" section. http://www.brooklyngallery.com/cgi-...key=0148-054

On the main site, you have to look in all the sections for close-outs and sales, especially books and references.
Edited by okiecoiner
01/27/2018 05:40 am
Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2018  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhistory to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your input. I decide to purchase a couple of Air-tite holders after seeing some videos on YouTube for reference. I purchased the 30.6 mm case with 25 mm white ring. The coin is 25.4 mm but it should fit. I thought a white ring would complement the color of the coin better than a black one.

I will try to post a picture when it arrives. Thank you again.
Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2018  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhistory to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And thanks for sharing the various links as I wasn't aware of these outlets. I'll definitely keep them in mind for other items in the future.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05