Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Found 1975 Jefferson Nickel Misplaced D!!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42245 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2018  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops!

Congrats on a great find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1909 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot about that article too frog, John1 sure does have a good memory

If this nickel was mine, I would consider getting it slabbed, just because
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, i've never seen a mm punched like that before, lol, cool find
Edited by MrPink2018
01/30/2018 12:26 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10220 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  02:44 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wow, i've never seen a mm punched like that before, lol, cool find

That's why it is a great find.

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The one you have posted now is a known error. It has a FS# I just can't find it. Handle it with care and put it in an Air-Tite capsule.
John1

NGC has it listed as FS-401, with a total population of just 3 coins.

A sole MS63 has top pop and it's the only mint state example they have encapsulated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6733 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a nice find indeed ... IMHO worthy of a 2x2 but not the cost of TPG evaluation and encapsulation
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently PCGS doesn't officially attribute this Misplaced Mintmark variety, however, I did find an unattributed PCGS slabbed example in AU55 as seen below.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2032 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, Jmonsilver87!

I found one last February.

Q.David Bowers has an interest in these, if you need his email address, let us know. I emailed him last year, got a response a month later. Yes, he's a busy guy!
CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Edited by John77
01/30/2018 8:12 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05